Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Job offer in Orange County, CA

Job offer in Orange County, CA

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Alan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer in Orange County, CA

I'd second that comment on Corona. It's not worth it.

The inventory here is still pretty low so there's not a lot of choice. I'm actually heading out in 5m to go look at a place so if I see you there - hands off, I was here first ,
Old Feb 24th 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of an update. We found a home that we liked and our offer was accepted. Our house here had a lot of viewers yesterday and 4 offers were made for it. Now, we have to take a look at those and find an acceptable one.

Still to clear out the garage of a lot of garden stuff, as the new place has a postage stamp back yard which seems to be the norm in CA. Can't do anything today as the snow is piling up here.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 5:11 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
Bit of an update. We found a home that we liked and our offer was accepted. Our house here had a lot of viewers yesterday and 4 offers were made for it. Now, we have to take a look at those and find an acceptable one.

Still to clear out the garage of a lot of garden stuff, as the new place has a postage stamp back yard which seems to be the norm in CA. Can't do anything today as the snow is piling up here.
Congratulations, sounds like it's all coming together. Good luck with the move.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

We move out of here at the end of the month. We are needing to get some repairs done on this place first. Luckily nothing too major, but annoying none the less, as tradesmen either don't return calls or they can't come to do an estimate for *od knows how long.

I'm so glad we have very agreeable trash collectors as there was a mountain of stuff went out on Monday. I'm going to try and do the one thing in, one thing out method and not buy replacements for anything until it is really needed, except if something is a design/make/formula that won't happen again. We also took a LOT of stuff to Goodwill and another couple of charities that take useable stuff. They must have thought Christmas had come early.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto

Congratulations, the real estate market here in OC is crazy! Where did you end up finding a place? I think you were looking up near Yorba Linda, we are down in South OC and really like it
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

We had to go out of OC into San Bernardino C to find a place in Chino Hills. The market is still crazy there as well, and still a lot of competition for places.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

I went to look at the new place today for the first time as I have only seen photos before and luckily, liked what I saw in real life as it were.

The only thing needed is the showers need a good cleaning and possibly a new fridge, and a floaty chair with cup holder for the pool.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Just finished the long, tiring journey to our new home. Glad it's over and done. The furniture and stuff arrive tomorrow.

We did a detour yesterday to see the Grand Canyon. It did add 100 miles on to the journey, but well worth it. We couldn't stay very long as we had the dogs with us, but made sure the windows were open and they had plenty water even though it wasn't hot, but sunny.

Time to put my feet up and relax until tomorrow.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Alan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the area! If you need any tips now you're here feel free to fire away.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Alan. I may need some tips and info on the area if I ever finish unpacking the boxes and putting stuff away.