Jesus Camp

Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:07 am
Owdhamer

Default Jesus Camp

Very disturbing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co1_9lR9EpM

Old Oct 5th 2006, 11:27 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jesus Camp

Originally Posted by Owdhamer
Is this a piss-take?

If it isn't then we have a problem

Very true about attendance at christian colleges, its sky-rocketing.

Along with nonsensical practices, here are two for example:

At a local baptist college (belmont) the 'in' thing right now is not 'no sex before marriage' its 'NO KISSING BEFORE MARRIAGE'

Another example is a couple of born again muppets I know.

They dated for years having a normal relationship (in my eyes) (i.e. shagging)

They broke up for a couple of years and during this time they both found the Jesus. Then then got back together again but decided not to have sex again before marrige (about 18 months total of dating and being engaged), these people did not kiss either.

WTF?

I'm not sure about there being an omnipotent being, and I'm pretty sure someone called Jesus was not his son or sent down here to save us.

I am however open to the idea of a bloke called Jesus who went round trying to get people to practice good values to each other.

So when people do things which I think are nutty, I ask myself - what would jesus think?

Would he think kissing before marriage is bad?

Would he thing that a union between two people of the same sex is bad?

Would he think that drinking and dancing at weddings (or in general) is bad? (the baptists for those who are flummoxed)
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Is this a piss-take?

At a local baptist college (belmont) the 'in' thing right now is not 'no sex before marriage' its 'NO KISSING BEFORE MARRIAGE'

They broke up for a couple of years and during this time they both found the Jesus. Then then got back together again but decided not to have sex again before marrige (about 18 months total of dating and being engaged), these people did not kiss either.

WTF?

I'm not sure about there being an omnipotent being, and I'm pretty sure someone called Jesus was not his son or sent down here to save us.

I am however open to the idea of a bloke called Jesus who went round trying to get people to practice good values to each other.

So when people do things which I think are nutty, I ask myself - what would jesus think?

Would he think that drinking and dancing at weddings (or in general) is bad? (the baptists for those who are flummoxed)
Since when has the Church had anything to do with people having good values? The Church is simply a tool for power mongering idiots to dominate other people and impose their (not any higher power but THEIR) will on them.

If I was a homophobic, racist, bigot what better way to get others to accept my views than to get them to believe in a God, then to believe that if they dont do as God says they'll have an eternity of suffering and THEN tell them that all my polarised and frankly disgusting views are actually God's Will and if they dont tow the line then it's hellfire and brimstone for you chummy!

All the Church (and religion) does is to play on peoples fear of the unknown...and the fact that most people can't come to terms with the thought that this is it...life and nothing afterwards.

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Oct 5th 2006 at 1:03 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

What amazes me is how people constantly buy into this shit over here. Some of these "Christian Fundamentalists" or whatever you want to call them, are openly power crazed a-holes and are doing it so they can control people and makes tons of money. They get exposed as the liars they are on TV, living in their big mansions with a brace of hookers around the pool and Ferraris in the drive......yet still, people flock to them. I just can't understand why.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:54 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
What amazes me is how people constantly buy into this shit over here. Some of these "Christian Fundamentalists" or whatever you want to call them, are openly power crazed a-holes and are doing it so they can control people and makes tons of money. They get exposed as the liars they are on TV, living in their big mansions with a brace of hookers around the pool and Ferraris in the drive......yet still, people flock to them. I just can't understand why.
Simple really, first scare the shyte out of you, and then provide the redeeming answer. I've booked my cloud with palm tree and brolly drinks and I' m not sharin' with anyone. They frankly can trot off t'hell.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:14 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

All the Church (and religion) does is to play on peoples fear of the unknown...and the fact that most people can't come to terms with the thought that this is it...life and nothing afterwards.
Great post! That is religion in a nutshell. Karma to you.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:18 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
and the fact that most people can't come to terms with the thought that this is it...life and nothing afterwards.

or Hull as it is also known
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:25 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

You hit the nail on the head with the word 'fundamentalist'

I am a believer in God that's my choice, I do not agree with some peoples lifestyle choices but I do them no harm it is their choice. You cannot group all Christians together as you can't group all muslims together.

As far as I'm concerned I try to live as a good Christian, I fail dismally most of the time but I try.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Extremists from any walk of life are a menace. Religion and politics being but two of them. While I thought the video was frightening in some aspects and pure propoganda in others I find some of the views expressed on BE to be equally extreme. It is what you want to believe that matters.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:50 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Let's face it: Jesus was a liberal!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:52 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

The Bible says NOTHING about sex before marriage, and nothing about not kissing your intended etc.

This is a prime example of the culture here affecting peoples faiths. America is a place of extremes and obviously that also includes religion.
I went to a strict church high school in England and know many Christians back home and none of them act like this, and get really quite angry at Americans for basically turning many people off having a faith in God because the message being sent is - you have to be some rigid uber-Conservative wacko or you won't get into heaven.
Think of the Vicars and church services you've been to back home, they could be further apart from how Christianity is presented over here.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
The Bible says NOTHING about sex before marriage, and nothing about not kissing your intended etc.

This is a prime example of the culture here affecting peoples faiths. America is a place of extremes and obviously that also includes religion.
I went to a strict church high school in England and know many Christians back home and none of them act like this, and get really quite angry at Americans for basically turning many people off having a faith in God because the message being sent is - you have to be some rigid uber-Conservative wacko or you won't get into heaven.
Think of the Vicars and church services you've been to back home, they could be further apart from how Christianity is presented over here.
I think this deserves a mention here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=81
Old Oct 5th 2006, 4:05 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dan725
A fellow countryman of mine arrived here a few years ago, lives here in your and my town in fact, and was going to buy a place in Avila a few years ago, but a huge furore took place in the media. He moved to Tampa Reserve to a $15MILLION house the other year.

Religion PAYS in the USA. It is the only reason that TBN is alive and well on planet USA.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Is this a piss-take?

WTF?

What is wrong with people having the right to follow what THEY want to follow? Isn't imposing your views on them just as bad? Freedom entails allowing other people to follow whatever they desire to follow - otherwise we're stuck in the USSR.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 4:30 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I think this deserves a mention here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=81
That Phelps guy is almost laughable if he wasn't such a sick f--k.
He's obviously publicity-hungry and will jump on whatever disaster he can and say its because of someone elses sins.
I hope he get caught paying a gang of rent boys for sex.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.