Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It's funny how..............

It's funny how..............

Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

mikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: It's funny how..............

I dont usually post in this forum, and was starting to get slightly depressed thinking that there were people over here representing the expats pretty badly (thinking about the RTD posts in particular). Reading this thread though has cheered me up a lot.
Also, it was good to hear that other people are not feeling particularly homesick either. I was starting to feel quite guilty about not missing everyone at home enough!
Thanks for the more positive post...
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikec81
I dont usually post in this forum, and was starting to get slightly depressed thinking that there were people over here representing the expats pretty badly (thinking about the RTD posts in particular). Reading this thread though has cheered me up a lot.
Also, it was good to hear that other people are not feeling particularly homesick either. I was starting to feel quite guilty about not missing everyone at home enough!
Thanks for the more positive post...
We all need more positive posts and karma I think.

Were we all starting to sound like wingeing limmey's??
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

mikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to behold

Not everyone, just a few threads were a bit depressing! I suppose its only normal to feel down sometimes, and I think because I have only been here a short time, haven't really had to deal with feeling like that yet!
I will probably be back in a few months time, complaining like a seasoned veteran expat.....!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:36 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by mikec81
Not everyone, just a few threads were a bit depressing! I suppose its only normal to feel down sometimes, and I think because I have only been here a short time, haven't really had to deal with feeling like that yet!
I will probably be back in a few months time, complaining like a seasoned veteran expat.....!
It often hits 5 to 10 years into it
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Its good to have a venue for sounding off with people who understand though isnt it? I am going to have to dream up something positive to post about being a H4...... mmm thinking cap
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:44 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

I can imagine that to be honest. I think that maybe that is the time when you're asking bigger questions about whether you and your family want to STAY here long long term.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:48 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
I can imagine that to be honest. I think that maybe that is the time when you're asking bigger questions about whether you and your family want to STAY here long long term.
It normally starts when you start facing the fact that your parents are getting older and you don't have much time with them left.

Well, it did with me.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Adnams
Its good to have a venue for sounding off with people who understand though isnt it? I am going to have to dream up something positive to post about being a H4...... mmm thinking cap
I can understand. Was on an L2 before we were allowed to work. It was awful. If I didn't have to start homeschooling my kids out of sheer desperation, I would have gone raving mad.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

It normally starts when you start facing the fact that your parents are getting older and you don't have much time with them left.

Well, it did with me.
Yep know that one. Awful when they get sick and youre so far away and cant help out easily. That is a real bummer.

Oooops think we're turning this positive thread into a negative one, sorry guys!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:02 am
Account Closed

That's how the thread crumbles...
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

That's how the thread crumbles...
Right I am going to be positive. Its tough when the folks get old and worn out but its also a bonus that over the years you havent had to put up with the MIL interfering every five mins. Now that is one bonus of living so far away....

Last edited by Adnams; Jul 11th 2007 at 3:08 am.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:20 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Right I am going to be positive. Its tough when the folks get old and worn out but its also a bonus that over the years you havent had to put up with the MIL interfering every five mins. Now that is one bonus of living so far away....
Nicely done - that's the spirit!

Ahhhhhhh I've eaten too much pasta
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
Nicely done - that's the spirit!

Ahhhhhhh I've eaten too much pasta
Is eating too much pasta positive or negative? I'd say positive? No?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:32 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Bit negative for the pasta...being bitten and all that.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:33 am
You're all mugs!

Oh no its positive, but tinged with just a hint of negative! Just means an extra few laps of the pool in the morning - which is 100% negative!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.