Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It's bugging me

It's bugging me

Old Jun 17th 2004, 4:28 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's bugging me

The bugs. I can't take anymore of the damned bugs.

I've tried Off, Cutting or Cutter whatever it's called and the latest in my arsenal which is Natrapel.

Nothing's working and I'm getting bitten to death during the day when I go down the farm. Short of using Frontline is there anything here that works?
Old Jun 17th 2004, 4:33 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Bad Blood
Old Jun 17th 2004, 4:34 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: It's bugging me

Originally posted by sibsie

I've tried Off, Cutting or Cutter whatever it's called and the latest in my arsenal which is Natrapel.

Nothing's working and I'm getting bitten to death during the day when I go down the farm. Short of using Frontline is there anything here that works?
Move to somewhere that doesn't have so many bugs?

Ok, not particularly helpful I know......
Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sibs,

The bugs are always after me as well... really bad reactions too... and what I found to actually help was Avon bug repellant. It comes both mixed in with sunscreen or just as a repellant. That was like a miracle for me... for the first time in my life I found something that actually worked. Maybe you can give it a try.... Good luck anyway!

Elaine
Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:56 am
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh another reason I adore the North West
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:00 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Try Avon's "Skin So Soft"- it is reported tp be the best bug repellant there is (even though it was a skin cream by intention). Yhey now even advertise it as a bug repellant.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

YEP!...Avon Skin So Soft,works great,and it doesn't stink like the others,and it makes your skin feel nice as well!
I've been the same way with the bugs ever since I came to Illinois as well,the minute I step outside they all think I'm their own 'smorgasborg'!!!,I also found that the best time to be outside is when it's sunny but windy,I've even thought about setting a fan up so I can go and just sit outside for a while!!!
Sophia
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who has an extreme reaction to bug bites I've found that Burts Bees creams are wonderful, they dont smell chemically like OFF or Cutter, arent greasy and they do the job !!!
I've also heard that Avons bug repellant is good.

Jan
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:26 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers. I'll try the Avon and Burts stuff. I've got so many lumps and bumps now I look like a Dalek.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:54 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers. I'll try the Avon and Burts stuff. I've got so many lumps and bumps now I look like a Dalek.
We wil d-o-m-i-n-a-t-e the u-n-i-v-e-r-s-e. (The bugs, that is.)
Old Jun 17th 2004, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

Ewww don't I know the feeling! I am covered right now too and yet no-one in work seems to be having the same problem - they must like our blood better or something

I'm gonna try the Avon stuff too as it's what everyone seems to recommend. I'm having my apartment sprayed on Tuesday as the last couple of days I've been finding these dead little bugs (tiny, almost like flies but with beady brown eyes yuck) around the carpet. Disgusting.

Which brings me to another point - should I get the cats out of there when they come to spray??? I don't want to ask the apartment people as they are hopeless and clueless and I wouldn't take their word for anything.

Anyone want to come to Memphis for the weekend? It's really great - a weekend forecast of a heat index of 107, bugs galore and a car with no AC to travel in - how could anyone resist!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 2:02 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lesley1020

...should I get the cats out of there when they come to spray??? I don't want to ask the apartment people as they are hopeless and clueless and I wouldn't take their word for anything.

D
YES!!! Most definately- cats are extremely sensitive to pesticides. You might even think about keeping it away 2-3 days until the levels drop a bit. Houseplants also should be removed
Old Jun 17th 2004, 2:17 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Short of using Frontline is there anything here that works?

Let us know if you feel the need to go and wee in the front yard!

If you put your foot over your head and lick your bum, don't forget to wash your paws.

Old Jun 17th 2004, 2:18 pm
Brit'n'TX

try a wetsuit .... let's see the little buggers chomp through that ..

Old Jun 17th 2004, 2:21 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Mosquitos hold conventions to find me so I can tell you that sometimes you'll get bitten anyway, no matter what you use.

But if you put amonia on the bite it will never itch. NEVER!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.