Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

It's all happening now...

It's all happening now...

Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:18 pm
Brewtastic

BrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud of
Default It's all happening now...

Hi there. Short time viewer, second time poster.

Firstly, congratulations on a well balanced forum with some great people. Certainly wasn't a difficult decision to join and start posting.

Well, here goes:

The Fiancee and I are moving to America. We both work for a subsidiary of an American company. They want me to go and work over there in a senior position and will find Elizabeth a job also. It's likely I'll be going on an L1A visa.

It's a fairly short notice thing but the issue of me going to work in the USA has cropped up every year since I've been with the company (5 years) so we've thought about it before. The time's right career-wise, so we're taking the plunge while we're still young enough to bounce back if things don't work out. I'm 33 and she's 35.

To further complicate things, we're getting married at the end of January and are going to move the week after.

We'll be moving to Michigan, specifically somewhere commutable to Wixom. There are some small lakes around there that look nice and I've got one week a month over there for work from now until January during which time I'll be doing a recce on the area.

I'm originally from Blackburn and moved to the Cambridge area about 5 years ago, so I know what it's like adjusting to a vastly different culture

We haven't got any kids and have no plans to start a family for the forseeable future.

We've got 3 cats, which will be coming with us. We'll be getting their rabies jabs done in a couple of weeks.

I love motorbikes (haven't got one at the moment, but used to have a Fireblade), Mountain Bikes (Trek Liquid 55 that's coming with me) and we've both just taken up sprint triathlons as a hobby.

I'll be posting some specific questions in the forum this week, so see you there

Neil.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:19 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's all happening now...

Neil, just PM-ed you.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Neil That name was the first love of my life
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
Welcome Neil That name was the first love of my life

you mean you can remember that far back

anyway welcome neil to BE and the U.Sof A
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
you mean you can remember that far back
We all remember our first love dont we
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:40 pm
Brewtastic

BrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud of

Nanette Newman. But I don't like to talk about it now.

p.s. Thanks Manc. PM'd you back.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BrewMonkey
Nanette Newman. But I don't like to talk about it now.

p.s. Thanks Manc. PM'd you back.
We are heading back to Cambridge next year, little place called Brandon
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well hello there. Welcome to BE.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Hi. What a gentleman! If all newbies were like you Welcome

Firstly, congratulations on a well balanced forum with some great people. Certainly wasn't a difficult decision to join and start posting.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:06 pm
Brewtastic

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Hi. What a gentleman! If all newbies were like you Welcome
Ah, that's because I haven't spent much time in the USA yet. Give it time and I can be rude...
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:35 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

yes welcome and I echo what touristtrap said.
good luck and I hope you settle in quickly.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 12:20 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome BrewMonkey
Old Oct 12th 2006, 12:21 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

I think about him often, strange isn't it? (not Neil)
Old Oct 12th 2006, 12:22 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site.

Any questions just ask away, I'm sure one of us will have the answer
Old Oct 12th 2006, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Welcome to the site.

Any questions just ask away, I'm sure one of us will have the answer
Though you may have to wade through 684 posts of drivel before you get there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.