Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Int'l Calling Cards

Int'l Calling Cards

Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:23 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Int'l Calling Cards

Hello peeps,

I'm looking for a calling card to call home (UK) and wondered if anyone knows of one with cheap rates. I used to have a plan on my landline but never got the value from it, so started buying a cc at Walgreens which turns out to be 10c/minute with no connection fee.

I was looking at some in Sam's Club yesterday but they did not list the rates and when I called the 800 #, I needed the PIN #(from the card I had not purchased yet!) to access them.

Any help would be appreciated to find something cheaper than 10c/min.

Cheers.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:46 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Int'l Calling Cards

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Hello peeps,

I'm looking for a calling card to call home (UK) and wondered if anyone knows of one with cheap rates. I used to have a plan on my landline but never got the value from it, so started buying a cc at Walgreens which turns out to be 10c/minute with no connection fee.

I was looking at some in Sam's Club yesterday but they did not list the rates and when I called the 800 #, I needed the PIN #(from the card I had not purchased yet!) to access them.

Cheers.
Try searching on this site: http://www.uniontelecard.com/default...02197ac89f362e , or Google for similar sites.

Alternatively, if there's a Hispanic grocery store near you, try there. I learned this from a Venezualan student who bought his calling cards that way and got a great rate.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

www.onesuite.com You can use it from home or if you're away as a calling card. Its 2 cents a minute to UK landline (using a local access number) and a bit higher, I believe, 3.5 cents a minute from their 800 access number. There is no connection fee. I've got it programmed into my cell phone, so if I'm out somewhere and need to call the UK I can dial that up....very good service.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 2:44 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
www.onesuite.com You can use it from home or if you're away as a calling card. Its 2 cents a minute to UK landline (using a local access number) and a bit higher, I believe, 3.5 cents a minute from their 800 access number. There is no connection fee. I've got it programmed into my cell phone, so if I'm out somewhere and need to call the UK I can dial that up....very good service.

Sterling stuff.

Thanks!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 3:43 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

you could check out Bizon cards available online too. You can top it up and use the same code all the time, or you can register a phone number to call from so that you don't have to use the code each time. I like it, i'm not sure how much it is, but it is cheap!!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:49 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

Gives a breakdown of numerous cards and the costs (per minute and conection).

http://www.ibuyphonecard.com/

An excellent site!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

There sure are a lot of cards available on that site, although I don't see the one I have: the GlobalCall prepaid calling card from IDT (http://www.idt.net/personal/cards/gc/). I've used it all over the world for several years, and while I don't pay particular attention to the rates to/from different countries, I don't have to recharge it very often, so I think it's a reasonable deal.

Originally Posted by Chandler
Gives a breakdown of numerous cards and the costs (per minute and conection).

http://www.ibuyphonecard.com/

An excellent site!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:23 am

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Hello peeps,

Cheers.
Try the website www.ring123.com. It has loads of cards - the one I get is Diamond Europe. It is less than a cent a minute but there is a weekly maintanance charge of 79 cents. Still, it is excellent and has local access numbers for most states. $10 lasts forever and there is a sale so you can get them for $9.50.

Note that the first time you buy, you have to call them and confirm your credit card number (after ordering online). From then on it is automatic.

Last edited by Shahlax; Aug 23rd 2005 at 4:31 am.