Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Interview on May 1

Interview on May 1

Old Apr 10th 2002, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

gaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nicegaude is just really nice
Default Interview on May 1

Hi All-

I have posted a few times here recently, but mostly reading articles. I have my interview date set for May 1 in Boston. I have a lawyer that we are taking with us to the interview. I have a pretty straightforward case (I think), enough proof of marriage and originals of everything listed and then some based on posts in this great newsgroup.

We are excited and nervous about the interview at the same time. My case is pretty regular except for 2 things. One was a "Driving on a suspended license" charge that I got because I forgot to pay a ticket and my driving license was suspended. The second was when my vehicle was towed away because it had been parked in the same spot for more than 3 days. These were both marked as "Criminal" offenses in the state of Massachussetts. I disclosed both of these in my application and provided them proof of the fact that they were in fact dismissed. They were both dismissed the same day when I went to court and when I ran a background check on myself through a P.I., it came up clean.

I just wanted a little reassurance from anyone that may have been in my boat or have had recent interviews in Boston. My lawyer says that there is nothing to worry about, but a little reassurance from here is always helpful too. I will post my experience on May 1. Thanks for all your help and great advice.

Take Care all.
-- Gaude
Old Apr 10th 2002, 10:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview on May 1

They aren't crimes of moral turpitude so you are okay. Plus the fact that you have the documentation on both cases.

You paid your attorney for his good advice. Now listen to it ;-)

Read about other Boston AOS experiences at:

Update AOS Experiences at: http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

And place yours there after the 1st.

Rita