Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

INS in St. Paul, Minnesota ?

INS in St. Paul, Minnesota ?

Old Aug 31st 2001, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Tony30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

Anyone have any experiences with the filing for AOS in St. Paul, Minnesota?
Please share your experience. Papers, waiting time, finger prints, EAD-s, Advance Parole, etc.

Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 1st 2001, 1:25 am
Tonya Degraw

I filed at that office. My suggestions to you..... 1-Have all your paperwork filled
out - make copies! 2-Get there really early unless you want to wait in line
forever. We got to the office at 8:00 and ended up waiting until about 1 to get
everything done.

As far as EAD, AP and fingerprinting.... They will issue the EAD on the spot that
day. If you can't get the photos taken, they do have a person there that will take
them for you. Not a bad price either.

You can apply for AP - we did and got it in the mail about a week later.

Fingerprints- They give you a receipt and tell you where you need to go to get your
fingerprints taken. I think you have a month to get them taken. We went the next day.

They give you your interview date after you pay for the filing. We filed in November
and had our interview in March.

Also, when you do go in for your interview, you will get the stamp that day if you
get approved.

Hope this information helps,

Tonya

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 1st 2001, 5:08 pm
Andrew R Bruemmer

My fiancée and I were just there in July to file the AOS from her K-1. We got there
about 6:45am on a Monday and there were already about 15 people there (they open at
8). A long line had formed behind us by the time they opened.

We were done by 10:30. My advice is a) don't go on a Monday b) get there early c)
plan on standing, seating is limited.

My fiancée got her 1 year EAD the same day. A letter to get her fingerprints done
within 7 days over in St. Paul. In addition to any fees for the AOS, AP, EAD, etc.
you also pay $25 for the fingerprints. They give you a receipt and you take that when
you get your prints done. For most people it was being done electronically which was
neat. Her AP came 5 days after we applied.

If applying for a multiple entry AP bring along an extra set of pictures. I never saw
that in the instructions anywhere so we didn't. Had to go across the hall to get some
taken then go back to finish our stuff so it delayed us a little bit.

Bring copies of everything, including the passport of the foreign spouse. Didn't have
that either, but they made a quick copy with only a slight look of disgust.

We were given a letter saying the AOS interview would be in January, no specific
date though.

Oh, and the INS is actually in Bloomington not St. Paul, right by the Mall of
America.

--
Andrew R Bruemmer Burnsville, MN USA

"Save the drama for your mama..."

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >