Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

FY Interest Ongoing NYC Saga

FY Interest Ongoing NYC Saga

Old Sep 2nd 2001, 4:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

After 11 months we discovered my husband's I-89 was never sent to Vermont and his approval never logged into the NYC computer system.

He was verbally abused in the Section 245 Unit and was refused help of any kind, shape or form and told "you should have hired an attorney closer to home" when shown the letter from Matt Udall which was sent to him from the Section 245 Unit Supervisor. This was said after he conferred with the same supervisor who sent the letter and who refused to come out of their office.

He would NOT accept the I-90 and a check for $110 for "replacement of a green card never received" without an I-757 from Vermont in reply to an I-751. This is contrary to instructions on the I-90 as proved by Patrick's post re his wife's stolen green card and NYC INS. When he asked for instructions on just what to do, he was told "I'm not going to help you." He then called the next person in line.

He has filed a formal complaint with the Internal Audit Unit in DC and with our Congresswoman and heads of NYC INS and a Section 245 suprvisor in the hopes that some justice will come from it all. Whether they are retaliating for Matt Udall's inquiry into our case, our letter to the Director when the file was not available at the time of our AOS, or to cover their asses for not having finalized the case, is up for grabs. Whatever the reason, after September Jim has no physical proof of right to work or leave and re-enter the US and unless someone takes action, we will contact the media.

Rita