Reload this Page >

Indiana Drivers License

Indiana Drivers License

Old Oct 28th 2013, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indiana Drivers License

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Do your prospective employers know that you aren't an experienced driver? If this is the au pair job, ferrying children around will be a big part of it, I would think. And you do know that you can't just try it out for a few months before "diving in," don't you? The employer has to obtain the appropriate visa for you and that would be a bit costly if, after a few months, you decided you didn't like it!

The dip your toe in remark probably has not been shared with the prospective Employer who probably also assumes that everybody has a drivers license...........
Old Oct 28th 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

TheGriffin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
The Employer gets the Lawyer.
Yeah, sorry! They will get an attorney*

Originally Posted by Pulaski
And the bill!
Yup thats agreed obviously

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
You don't tell them you've never driven before. Neither have any of the high school kids who reach the age to apply for a driver's license. You just apply. Like the high school kids, it would be wise for you to take a course that will cover both the laws, for the written test, and road driving, for the road test.
Okay, cool, thanks!

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Do your prospective employers know that you aren't an experienced driver? If this is the au pair job, ferrying children around will be a big part of it, I would think. And you do know that you can't just try it out for a few months before "diving in," don't you? The employer has to obtain the appropriate visa for you and that would be a bit costly if, after a few months, you decided you didn't like it!
Yes they know i cant drive.
No kids, just dogs and horses.
And we agreed that the first few months would be to make sure we all get along and such, that i am sure we will, but you never know what will happen. But thats what they said, not me.
And they are happy to cover all costs for what ever, even if we decide that i should leave.

The dip your toe in remark probably has not been shared with the prospective Employer who probably also assumes that everybody has a drivers license...........
As i said, their words, apparently they had someone pretty nasty stay with them before, so they are more comfortable buying a return flight ticket, then changing it if needed. And they said they will take me down to the driving school, they have a 'spare' car they are more than happy for me to use... or 4 i think ha!
I dont want to lie and take people for suckers, thats the first thing i told them. :P
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheGriffin
see how it goes for a couple of months, dip my toe before diving in, all that jazz!
Also mean dipping my toe into America, should have made myself more clear, my bad
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Au pair for dogs and horses?
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Au pair for dogs and horses?
Au pair is most commonly used as a term for a foreign child carer, but it can be for any kind of housekeeping, care work.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Au pair is most commonly used as a term for a foreign child carer, but it can be for any kind of housekeeping, care work.
I see. Isn't it usually allied to a certain number of hours per week spent studying, or is that just in the UK?
Old Oct 28th 2013, 10:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

You can get a visa for an underpaid, overworked domestic servant?
Old Oct 28th 2013, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

H2A would seem applicable?
To qualify for H-2A nonimmigrant classification, the petitioner must:

Offer a job that is of a temporary or seasonal nature.
Demonstrate that there are not sufficient U.S. workers who are able, willing, qualified, and available to do the temporary work.
Show that the employment of H-2A workers will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers.
Generally, submit with the H-2A petition, a single valid temporary labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor. (A limited exception to this requirement exists in certain “emergent circumstances.” See e.g., 8 CFR 214.2(h)(5)(x) for specific details.)
Old Oct 28th 2013, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys, my original question has been answered
Old Oct 28th 2013, 10:50 pm
Account Closed

It was always my impression that the agencies that dealt with J1 Au Pair placements would expect children to be present.

Perhaps there is hope? I have a dog.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

They know all the visa stuff, they will send me all the details if i go. They have done it a few times before.
It wont be an actual au pair visa, because you are correct that is specifically for children.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

I have a dog.
If thats your dog in your display picture, what a cutie!
Old Oct 28th 2013, 11:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

They know all the visa stuff, they will send me all the details if i go. They have done it a few times before.
It wont be an actual au pair visa, because you are correct that is specifically for children.
When you find out which visa it will be, would you mind posting on here? It would be helpful to all of us who participate on here to know which visa is available for that kind of work (no children involved). It could help us help someone else.

Thanks!
Rene
Old Oct 28th 2013, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

If thats your dog in your display picture, what a cutie!
So there is hope..

Need to be fit, he has just had a 6 mile run and all it has done is wake him up.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
When you find out which visa it will be, would you mind posting on here? It would be helpful to all of us who participate on here to know which visa is available for that kind of work (no children involved). It could help us help someone else.

Thanks!
Rene
Will do Rene. I found these links, but i dont believe i personally fall under them because I dont think they work in the UK for long enough periods, but i will ask.

B-1

Domestic

VWP

There is also the temp visas for up to a year H-2A Agricultural (As mentioned before) and H-2B non-agricultural

Will update though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.