Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Imminent Departure

Imminent Departure

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Imminent Departure

The time has come for me to say good-bye (temporarily) to all the people here. I'll be leaving Edinburgh to travel to California early in the morning on the 10th of Jan, 2012 to join my wife and son. However, I've asked the internet service provider to disconnect my services on the 4th (tomorrow) to allow me to settle my bill before I leave.

I'll be back once I've hooked up an internet connection and bought a new computer at the other end.

Best of luck to all the people currently going through the process. I hope that all of you have favourable outcomes.

I would like to thank all the people here for the advice and support offered during my application process. Thank you for everything!

P.S: This probably won't be my last post, I'm planning to wring every little shred of value out of this internet connection before it is disconnected .

P.P.S: my plane doesn't crash! That would just be mean after going through this process and all the waiting...
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:24 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Imminent Departure

None-of-my-business question - your wife doesn't have a computer and internet connection already that you can jump right on to?

Have a safe an otherwise uneventful trip.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by CAProgrammer
I'll be back once I've hooked up an internet connection and bought a new computer at the other end.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAProgrammer
I'll be leaving Edinburgh to travel to California early in the morning on the 10th of Jan, 2012 to join my wife and son.
Best wishes for a safe journey!

Ian
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
None-of-my-business question - your wife doesn't have a computer and internet connection already that you can jump right on to?

Have a safe an otherwise uneventful trip.

Regards, JEff
No, she moved in with her parents and they aren't particularly computer or internet savvy. I'm moving in with them too initially and I've never owned a laptop, only desktops (which I'm not carting across the Atlantic) so will arrive there in the stone ages with no technology in sight
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Best wishes for a safe journey!

Ian
Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck getting set up and safe travels
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Safe travels. Best of