Reload this Page >

US Bank Account

US Bank Account

Old Dec 23rd 2011, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

xathras is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US Bank Account

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience, particularly with new members.

I have a H1B, and arrived in Chicago on 12/12/2011.

I applied for my Social Security Number 12/16/2011, my details had not been updated yet so I'm still pending, but was still able to open an account with Chase

All I needed was:
1. My passport with my I-94
2. My drivers license. with the paper counterpart. This had my UK address on.

It took about 30-45 minutes and hey pestro.

Hope this helps those with any questions.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Bank Account

Originally Posted by xathras
All I needed was:
1. My passport with my I-94
2. My drivers license. with the paper counterpart. This had my UK address on.
You actually needed one other thing (which it appears that you had) which is a bank employee who understands that it is possible to open an account for someone who does not have a social security number - they do exist, as your experience demonstrates, but they are not always easy to find ...
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

bruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura about

You may have opened a non-resident account by mistake though.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

xathras is an unknown quantity at this point

No its a regular checking account ;-)
Old Dec 25th 2011, 11:11 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

I opened mine with US bank, had no ss, but had no problems. They just asked that I let them know it when I got one.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light

i had to change my checking account from citi bank to ING direct. citi started to charge the $8 monthly fees if it is not kept to a minimim of $1500 in the bank.