Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I'm going home

I'm going home

Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:45 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm going home

Rockgurl,

I'm so happy for you! There's nothing better than being with the one you love. I lived in New England (was born there too ) a short while, it's a lovely place. Wintry weather is nice and cozy (can you tell I'm more a winter person? )

Best wishes to you and your wife!

Juliet
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:47 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Ignore this idiot:

a) he has no idea what he's talking about

b) his elevator doesn't go to the top floor
Lion, I don't think buddy's elevator goes anywhere at all!
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:54 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Henry George
Nice to see you cheated the system. Lied and cheated your way into the country. I hope they catch up with you send you home. You just make it harder for normal people to get here. Shame on you!
wtf are you on?

how did she cheat and lie to the INS? they brought her here to be a nurse. And unless RG has any other trades under her belt then I presume she'll be a nurse in CT too..........

If the hospital desire to take RG to court for breach of contract appertaining to her job then it is a civil matter and has bugger all to do with the INS.

Last edited by manc1976; Jul 7th 2004 at 7:57 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Rockgurl, I'm really happy that you are getting to be with your wife at long last. Have a great trip
Old Jul 7th 2004, 8:38 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
wtf are you on?

how did she cheat and lie to the INS? they brought her here to be a nurse. And unless RG has any other trades under her belt then I presume she'll be a nurse in CT too..........

If the hospital desire to take RG to court for breach of contract appertaining to her job then it is a civil matter and has bugger all to do with the INS.
Not only that, if I remember correctly she paid a penalty for leaving that employment contract early - i.e. bought herself out. All perfectly above board.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 8:39 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jcapulet
Lion, I don't think buddy's elevator goes anywhere at all!
Probably stuck in the basement next to the rubbish chute.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats,Rockgurl, i'm delighted your eventually getting to be with your other half, a big thanks to you've been a real inspiration to us as nurses who are working towards getting to the US. Enjoy the curry fest.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:49 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Henry George
Nice to see you cheated the system. Lied and cheated your way into the country. I hope they catch up with you send you home. You just make it harder for normal people to get here. Shame on you!
Huh? How did I cheat the system? I went through the immigration process, passed the exam, and got validated by CGFNS Visascreen, and obtained nursing licenses in three states. Not only am I 100% legal, I have even had my status checked out by an immigration lawyer not 3 weeks ago who told me that I am 100% concrete...solidly, unmovably here on a green card. A permanent resident.

I also happen to be in a relationship with a US citizen. With your logic I guess that anyone on an H1b or green card who has a relationship with a US citizen should be thrown out of the country. Sorry, I'm here to stay, and I am very normal. It probably just irks you that I am the cream of the crop in my field, in enormous demand, and am being offered obscene amounts of money to work in another state. Not bad for a deviant.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I can't wait to be home!
Old Jul 9th 2004, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Rockgurl
Huh? How did I cheat the system? ...
Ignore him, he's a troll. Probably sits around in a darkened room all day.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 4:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rockgurl
Not bad for a deviant. !
I just love that word..I wanna be one..is there an age limit???
Old Jul 9th 2004, 5:38 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

all the best to ya rocky!

hugs and kisses