Wikiposts

I'm back!

Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:03 am
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm back!

Glad you are all feeling better
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Well we're back in the States from our 6 week 'holiday' in England. It didn't turn out to be much of a holiday, we spent 5 of those weeks, as sick as dogs. I felt I was getting ill a few days before we left here, but hoped it would go away. Well it didn't & after the plane trip it just got worse, I felt like crap & soon my chest was so bad I was coughing up blood from the constant coughing! My Mum flew back from the states (a different state) & arrived a few hours before we did, she was sick too.

So eventually we were all sick in the house, I had to have one lot of antibiotics to get rid of mine & Mum had 3 lots & steroids to get rid of hers. We thought Tyler had got away with it, but nope, he got so sick I had to take him to hospital. They admitted him for 24 hours, we went home as we thought he'd be better off there. We were only round the corner & had 'open access' should we need to rush him back round.

It turns out we all had virus' (probably 2 different kinds as we caught them from different parts), then chest infections, but Tyler being a toddler, he took it much worse. His temp was at 41.4 for days, after a few days, I was unable to get it down, so that's when we took him to A&E. He was not getting enough oxygen & the high temp was causing him to shake, his eyes were rolling, he was panting, coughing, throwing up, it was horrible to see him like that.

He finally got better a week before we came home, so we got to enjoy a week of our 6 week holiday. It would have been great if we weren't so ill, but there's not much we could have done about that. Sorry to babble!

I'm not glad to be back, hopefully the homesickness will fade soon. How is everyone, what did I miss?
Welcome back ..... So why the absence ? don't they have the internet in England anymore ?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:21 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
I'll alert the media
They already know!!!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:22 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Hiya, what bad luck for you, glad to hear you're all feeling better now.

There have been a few new faces
Cheers!

Sounds interesting!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:25 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Thats good, 'other' immigrants/visitors bringing their diseases back to the UK.....Glad your much better.... Thank goodness for OUR nurses !! (That's got brownie points from the wife).!!!
Thanx!

I kept seeing people I knew at the hospital, as both my mum & I worked there for years! I practically grew up in the place, I had loads of operations there & used to visit my mum after school when she worked there, so people there have known me since I was a kid.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:28 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by britvic
Sorry to hear all that, so did you not get to do what was your main reason for going over there in the first place "work".
Well, that wasn't my main reason for going, I only did that to pay for our holiday, as I couldn't put us further into debt just for a holiday. But even with having to take a week off when Tyler was really sick, I almost did the hours that I had planned to do, so not bad really.

How's the packing going?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:29 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Lord Knows
So sorry to hear of your hardship, the difficulty with the little could put a scare into you. I must say your chest appears to have recovered nicely.
Why thank you very much!!!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:30 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
But, other than that, how was it? hyuck hyuck
The end of the holiday was great, lovely weather, fantastic friends, family, food & places!!! Oh & I managed to squeeze in a trip to Alton Towers, it was so much fun!!!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:31 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Welcome back ..... So why the absence ? don't they have the internet in England anymore ?
Was a tad busy!!!

Thanx for all the well wishes & comments everyone, much appreciated!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:15 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
The end of the holiday was great, lovely weather, fantastic friends, family, food & places!!! Oh & I managed to squeeze in a trip to Alton Towers, it was so much fun!!!
Alton Towers is always a blast, living in Staffs it wasn't far away. I remember the last time I went 4 well beefed up guys in my company car a new VW Beetle.....how cute we were.

Nice to see ya back, sorry the trip wasn't all that. Make sure you send payments back to the NHS for all your treament

See you soon

Alan
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:45 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by evoal2003
Alton Towers is always a blast, living in Staffs it wasn't far away. I remember the last time I went 4 well beefed up guys in my company car a new VW Beetle.....how cute we were.

Nice to see ya back, sorry the trip wasn't all that. Make sure you send payments back to the NHS for all your treament

See you soon

Alan
Haha! Emergency treatment, so we're alright! Excellent service too, don't know what I would have done without it. The treatment could have been better, but they got the job done & so I was happy. At no point did I feel they were endangering our lives or being complacent.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

There you are.....wondered where you'd got to!