I'm back!

Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:46 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm back!

Well we're back in the States from our 6 week 'holiday' in England. It didn't turn out to be much of a holiday, we spent 5 of those weeks, as sick as dogs. I felt I was getting ill a few days before we left here, but hoped it would go away. Well it didn't & after the plane trip it just got worse, I felt like crap & soon my chest was so bad I was coughing up blood from the constant coughing! My Mum flew back from the states (a different state) & arrived a few hours before we did, she was sick too.

So eventually we were all sick in the house, I had to have one lot of antibiotics to get rid of mine & Mum had 3 lots & steroids to get rid of hers. We thought Tyler had got away with it, but nope, he got so sick I had to take him to hospital. They admitted him for 24 hours, we went home as we thought he'd be better off there. We were only round the corner & had 'open access' should we need to rush him back round.

It turns out we all had virus' (probably 2 different kinds as we caught them from different parts), then chest infections, but Tyler being a toddler, he took it much worse. His temp was at 41.4 for days, after a few days, I was unable to get it down, so that's when we took him to A&E. He was not getting enough oxygen & the high temp was causing him to shake, his eyes were rolling, he was panting, coughing, throwing up, it was horrible to see him like that.

He finally got better a week before we came home, so we got to enjoy a week of our 6 week holiday. It would have been great if we weren't so ill, but there's not much we could have done about that. Sorry to babble!

I'm not glad to be back, hopefully the homesickness will fade soon. How is everyone, what did I miss?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:50 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm back!

OMG that's tough, especially since you'd been so looking forward to your trip.

Hope you guys feel better soon!

What's been happening here? Hm, where should I start...
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:53 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see you back!

That is a shame you were all ill........hope you are all feeling a lot better now.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:54 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
OMG that's tough, especially since you'd been so looking forward to your trip.

Hope you guys feel better soon!

What's been happening here? Hm, where should I start...
We're all better now thanx!

Hmmm, sounds intriguing!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:02 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
Nice to see you back!

That is a shame you were all ill........hope you are all feeling a lot better now.
All I can say is thank God for the NHS!!!

Oh forgot to mention, my Nan got admitted to hospital the day before Tyler, for a suspected stroke. I couldn't go to see her because I didn't want to pass on what I'd got. I was worried I wouldn't see her before she passed away, as everyone was thinking the worst. But luckily she got a bit better, was released after about a week & I got to see her a couple of days before I left, so that was good.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you were all sick...welcome back.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:05 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Crap how awful that you were all so unwell! Agree about seeing a little one get sick, you feel even more powerless and just want them to feel right.

So glad your Nan is on the mend and you got to see her, I'm sure that was a relief to get that visit in before you had to leave.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:21 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I'll alert the media
Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:12 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, what bad luck for you, glad to hear you're all feeling better now.

There have been a few new faces
Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I knew we were missing someone....

Well glad you guys are getting better, even if the holiday turned out to be a bit of a munter.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:39 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Glad you're all better
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Thats good, 'other' immigrants/visitors bringing their diseases back to the UK.....Glad your much better.... Thank goodness for OUR nurses !! (That's got brownie points from the wife).!!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Well we're back in the States from our 6 week 'holiday' in England. It didn't turn out to be much of a holiday, we spent 5 of those weeks, as sick as dogs. I felt I was getting ill a few days before we left here, but hoped it would go away. Well it didn't & after the plane trip it just got worse, I felt like crap & soon my chest was so bad I was coughing up blood from the constant coughing! My Mum flew back from the states (a different state) & arrived a few hours before we did, she was sick too.

So eventually we were all sick in the house, I had to have one lot of antibiotics to get rid of mine & Mum had 3 lots & steroids to get rid of hers. We thought Tyler had got away with it, but nope, he got so sick I had to take him to hospital. They admitted him for 24 hours, we went home as we thought he'd be better off there. We were only round the corner & had 'open access' should we need to rush him back round.

It turns out we all had virus' (probably 2 different kinds as we caught them from different parts), then chest infections, but Tyler being a toddler, he took it much worse. His temp was at 41.4 for days, after a few days, I was unable to get it down, so that's when we took him to A&E. He was not getting enough oxygen & the high temp was causing him to shake, his eyes were rolling, he was panting, coughing, throwing up, it was horrible to see him like that.

He finally got better a week before we came home, so we got to enjoy a week of our 6 week holiday. It would have been great if we weren't so ill, but there's not much we could have done about that. Sorry to babble!

I'm not glad to be back, hopefully the homesickness will fade soon. How is everyone, what did I miss?
Sorry to hear all that, so did you not get to do what was your main reason for going over there in the first place "work".
Old Jun 15th 2007, 2:00 pm

Lord Knows is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear of your hardship, the difficulty with the little could put a scare into you. I must say your chest appears to have recovered nicely.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:49 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar

But, other than that, how was it? hyuck hyuck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.