Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Was I working illegally???

Was I working illegally???

Old Apr 5th 2001, 9:15 am
Troubled

Whilst working in the US during the summer of 1999, my employers applied for a Q-visa so that I could stay and continue my work there. They were duely given Form I797A by the INS which was a Q-visa approval petition.
I remained in the US until February 2000 when I returned to England for a short holiday. I then found out that to re-enter the States to continue working I needed the actual Q-visa. I obtained this from the US Embassy, went back to work and returned to England when my visa expired earlier this year.
My question is, was I working illegally whilst I only had the approval notice and not the actual visa between September 1999 and February 2000???
I am in the process of applying for another visa. What is the likelihood of the INS picking up on this situation and how will it affect any of my future visa applications???
Any help? I hope that this is clear enough!!!
Thanks