Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I Weighed Myself Today...

I Weighed Myself Today...

Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Weighed Myself Today...

And of course have trust ....
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
More like they want good karma to all females so they get a new year shag from the Mrs lol....
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:13 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

I gained over 30 pounds in the first 3 years I lived in the US. There were reasons/excuses but finally a year ago I decided to get out exercising. I joined a women's walk/run clinic, and guess what? I wasn't the largest lady there! It really got me kick-started, and it is a habit that I have continued. I have lost all of the 30 pounds I gained, and firmed up to boot!

I walk at least 3 times a week for 30-60 minutes, at around 4 mph and it really improves my mood (especially good for PMS!) This morning a group of us walked in 24 degree weather and had a great time!

I am now wearing the clothes I brought over from England, which I had not been able to for over 3 years
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
I gained over 30 pounds in the first 3 years I lived in the US. There were reasons/excuses but finally a year ago I decided to get out exercising. I joined a women's walk/run clinic, and guess what? I wasn't the largest lady there! It really got me kick-started, and it is a habit that I have continued. I have lost all of the 30 pounds I gained, and firmed up to boot!

I walk at least 3 times a week for 30-60 minutes, at around 4 mph and it really improves my mood (especially good for PMS!) This morning a group of us walked in 24 degree weather and had a great time!

I am now wearing the clothes I brought over from England, which I had not been able to for over 3 years
Well done Deb ...
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:15 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you thats what I need to do.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:17 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. The weird thing is, when I lived in England, I didn't have to go out and 'exercise walk' it was just walking to the post office, library etc - but oh well, whatever works!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:22 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the way to do it, good on you. In England I ran a bit and regularly walked to town and also went walking in Dales and Lakes when possible.

I am going to go get back to walking on the beach here.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:25 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
Thats the way to do it, good on you. In England I ran a bit and regularly walked to town and also went walking in Dales and Lakes when possible.

I am going to go get back to walking on the beach here.
We have a mountain bike in the garage that should be moved from the cob-webs, really there is no excuse.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with ray on the attraction front.

a nice round butt, big boobs, pretty eyes and a smile might attract my attention... but a laugh behind the smile and a wit behind the eyes is the only way to keep it.

as for the weight part... i've always found it comes down to routine... whatever it is.. add exercise and you'll be fine within reason.

my main issue has been the moving around... moved to the US and got fat... changed routine and got slim again (70lb) then moved... got fat again (50lb+).... time to change the routine again.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 1:59 am
Just Joined

markluton will become famous soon enough

Its probably no consolation but you and about a million others are in the same boat this time of year, including me. Go get 'em Bradford lass. Prove you can lose it if you really want it bad enough.

...and I am the heaviest I have ever been. When I arrived in the US 2 years ago I was fit healthy and almost my ideal weight. I am due to go back to UK soon and do not want to take this weight with me.

So inspiration suggestions or anyone want to join BE fit club?

I have started my food diary and been shopping for lots of fresh food. I blamed my job for a lot of my unhealthy eating being on the road all the time, have finished work now, so no excuse.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 3:09 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the girls at work got a gym membership for Christmas from her boyfriend. She was very p!$$ed. When I asked her what she got she said, "oh, my boyfriends thinks I should get my fat a$$ to the gym"
She does has a lovely a$$

...and I am the heaviest I have ever been. When I arrived in the US 2 years ago I was fit healthy and almost my ideal weight. I am due to go back to UK soon and do not want to take this weight with me.

So inspiration suggestions or anyone want to join BE fit club?

I have started my food diary and been shopping for lots of fresh food. I blamed my job for a lot of my unhealthy eating being on the road all the time, have finished work now, so no excuse.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mozoo
I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a few months back and just recently went to see a registered dietitian. I am guilty of eating too much processed food which is full of sugar and high carbs. So, I am having to reduce my carb intake and it's a learning process. As I don't eat breakfast, the dietitian suggested that for a brunch like meal I consume 50-65 grams of carbs, an afternoon snack of 30-45 grams, with dinner around 50-65. I've only been doing it for two weeks but I've lost a few pounds and that makes me feel better about myself. The treadmill is getting a workout too!!!

I'm learning to like cauliflower "mash" and "light" bread. I've also had a crash course in reading labels. I'm not doing Atkins or South Beach but I have researched low carb recipes and think I can get the hang of it without too much difficulty.

Perhaps low carbing might be of use to you?
Sorry to read about you just being diagnosed, this can be really depressing for some patients but please bear in mind that this is NOT a death sentence and your life can improve tremedously, even eventually you can get to a state where you no longer have to use insulin but this can only be achieved by surgery or care intake monitoring. Exercise is certainly one of the major factors that can improve your health.

I wish all the best for the new year and the reduction in your food intake.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Heard a thingy once that almost all immigrants to the US gain weight in the first few. 'Course you also lose IQ points along the way, so its a bit of a wash really.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:18 pm

The new diet lasted 12 hours I have just had 4 See's Candies and a bacon butty.
I will start again tomorrow
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:21 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I've just jumped on the scale.. I have 5 lbs to lose..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.