Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I love my bacon, but . . .

I love my bacon, but . . .

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:47 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love my bacon, but . . .

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
You misheard. It's baking soda. It's under my arms right now. Arm & Hammer. God love them.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hubcaps
My secret is that I wanted to come and live in WA from my very first trip here. Long before I knew about visas it was along held dream that "if we won the lottery..."
I could rattle off a list as long as your arm of all the things I can't stand about the UK and maybe 1 or 2 things I do like (if I think really hard but I'm sure one of those things is Belgian and the other Swedish). I am not particularly close to my family and I have the internet if I want to speak to friends. I've never lived very long in one place so have no roots.
I really wanted to come and live here so am embracing it 100%. I missed Oxo cubes and gravy granules for the first few weeks but only because I'd been cooking with them for years. I've now got substitutes or I cook something else.
What do you think about our crazy snow weather?
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Ah, I'm only here because I married a Yank, I never had any ambition to leave the UK really. Might have left NI for Edinburgh or London but that's hardly the same! Therein lies the difference with a dream move vs one borne out of necessity but hey ho.

Anyway, veering way OT now. Now I come to think of it, isn't the bacon I miss so much really Danish
My husband is here because of me and truth be told would have stayed in the UK forever. However, he's quite happy here, it probably helps that he has a decent job and he's in an area where the weather is agreeable to him. But he says the main reason is that his family is here.....
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
What do you think about our crazy snow weather?
I used to live on a farm at the top of a mountain in Wales, I've seen much much worse
We are pretty much snowed in here, there is no way we could get down the hill from the house to the main road. So everyone is home and I think we're going to put the Xmas decorations up....and have a bacon sandwich (just to veer back on topic )
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hubcaps
I used to live on a farm at the top of a mountain in Wales, I've seen much much worse
We are pretty much snowed in here, there is no way we could get down the hill from the house to the main road. So everyone is home and I think we're going to put the Xmas decorations up....and have a bacon sandwich (just to veer back on topic )
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:58 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
My husband is here because of me and truth be told would have stayed in the UK forever. However, he's quite happy here, it probably helps that he has a decent job and he's in an area where the weather is agreeable to him. But he says the main reason is that his family is here.....
Money is the main reason we are here, followed by my wife already having a son and a place to live (not necessarily hurdles for her emigration, but be being a single duffer still living with his ma at 26, the maths weren't too hard ).

Back on topic - I certainly didn't move for the bacon
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
A
Anyway, veering way OT now. Now I come to think of it, isn't the bacon I miss so much really Danish
It's all the same...just where the pig was reared....it's the cut that's important
Old Nov 24th 2010, 4:32 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It's all the same...just where the pig was reared....it's the cut that's important
Aye - it just popped into my head and I thought it was quite funny!
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

RickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really nice

Stater Bros has Pepper Bacon.. omnomnomnom