Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I love California but my family are in the UK

I love California but my family are in the UK

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

gingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud of
Default Re: I love California but my family are in the UK

Hi Mr. Lionheart.

Yes, I live in Hollywood. I wanted to live in Santa Monica and Silver Lake but money dictated Hollywood...for now. I can't wait to be near the beach. I usually get up there for an extended run. Hollywood has too many cars, etc but it's good for my business.

I'm a writer, photographer, and film developer.

I work from home.

Ginger? Right, can you imagine if I was called Ginger in the UK. I'd be beaten to death at school. I do have red hair and I changed my name for professional purposes: no, I'm not a stripper. HA!

What do you do?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:07 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerliu
Hi Mr. Lionheart.

Yes, I live in Hollywood. I wanted to live in Santa Monica and Silver Lake but money dictated Hollywood...for now. I can't wait to be near the beach. I usually get up there for an extended run. Hollywood has too many cars, etc but it's good for my business.

I'm a writer, photographer, and film developer.

I work from home.

Ginger? Right, can you imagine if I was called Ginger in the UK. I'd be beaten to death at school. I do have red hair and I changed my name for professional purposes: no, I'm not a stripper. HA!

What do you do?
Liu and the reference to your Grandmother tells me you are Asian??
So you are actually in 'The business', wouldn't be near as much opportunity in the UK.
I got laid off in July, so I wasn't actually joking about 'no, friends, family or career.
I was in sales and had a really good job until 2005, got fired ( a long story), took another 'temporary' job and was looking for something better until I got laid from that this July
Santa Monica is a great place to live, lots of Brits and Europeans. Close to the beach, airport, restaurants, etc.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

gingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud ofgingerliu has much to be proud of

Sorry about your lay off. I hope you are surviving. I was laid off last August in San Francisco, so I thought, what the hell, I'll move to LA. I work freelance at home and I earn about a fourth of what I was on in SF. Yikes. I'm working my ass off but with film -I don't get any money unless I bring in money -yeh, like sales. So it will be a while. I survive on freelance copywriting and as a reporter for a few webmags.

Gosh, I can't wait to be in Santa Monica in the future. I'm used to living the laid back life after living in SF. HA!

I hope things get better.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:15 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I think Ray is wrong.

I don't need a kick up the butt. I'm doing really well, thank you. I'm just missing my family. And I stupidly thought that I would get an intelligent reply from others who find it hard to live half way across the world away from family. Every person I have spoken to who is from another country, miss family but love America. I didn't imagine I'd be called "whining" for missing my aging mother. Wow. You really are insensitive. Maybe when your father is dead and you worry that your mother will cope alone, then maybe you can "whine" about it. ASSHOLE!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Liu: I am quarter Chinese: a red haired, blue eyed part Chinese gal. Mutts rule.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:19 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Liu: I am quarter Chinese: a red haired, blue eyed part Chinese gal. Mutts rule.
Perfect for Hollyweird
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:25 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about your lay off. I hope you are surviving. I was laid off last August in San Francisco, so I thought, what the hell, I'll move to LA. I work freelance at home and I earn about a fourth of what I was on in SF. Yikes. I'm working my ass off but with film -I don't get any money unless I bring in money -yeh, like sales. So it will be a while. I survive on freelance copywriting and as a reporter for a few webmags.

Gosh, I can't wait to be in Santa Monica in the future. I'm used to living the laid back life after living in SF. HA!

I hope things get better.
I'll be okay. I've survived here for all my adult life. I've been pennyless sleeping on a fold out couch bed to making a 6 figure income and some places in between.
Makes life exciting.
Just do your own thing and ignore the bored housewives and retirees on this board
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

HA! Cheers. I always do my own thing. And I have lived on couches and in nice digs also. You rock!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:31 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh hell.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:32 pm
Banned

HA! Cheers. I always do my own thing. And I have lived on couches and in nice digs also. You rock!!!

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:33 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
LL seems interested
So does Dean.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
So does Dean.
*Whips out roses and chocs*
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
So does Dean.
Bring on the medieval tourney!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Chocs and Roses are sooooo last century. I take all major credit cards and fat retirement funds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.