Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I guess this is what they call 'homesickness'

I guess this is what they call 'homesickness'

Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I guess this is what they call 'homesickness'

Originally Posted by Deedee13
wot is it??? and does it taste like ??? can u buy it bulk??
I get capules from GNC. When I first started to take it I actually took more than the suggested dose...I took 3...3 times a day...no wonder it worked.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
I buy it from my local supermarket. I think the tablets smell like rotting grass cuttings. They don't taste too clever so I take them with a large glass of water. The main thing is that it works for me.
Don't breath in before you put them in your mouth and take them with OJ.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:17 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get that homesick...I miss my simple life back in the UK...everything here is such an uphill battle... I get cabin fever...and I still find it a bit quiet...I do have a love hate thing with where I live...I think I will miss it when I move...but I don't think that feeling will last long...I will miss friends...
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Aww thanks everyone .. your posts are really helping cheer me up!

I tried to do as much as possible before leaving to help me when times got tough. I'd arranged for my cat to come over (he landed 2 days after we did) and he's been a massive help being around.

We've got a slingbox so I'm able to watch British TV which is great.

We're in constant contact with folk back home both via email & the phone (have Vonage & a Tesco phone).

And I'm trying to keep away from the HobNobs as I've got a weight problem as it is! As we're in temporary accommodation and our cooking facilities are pretty dire (utensil wise), it's easier to eat out. And I dread to think how much weight I've put on. That's also getting me down .. but I'll tackle that when we move. Will eat at home more often and I'll have my bike then so can go exploring.

Just had some great news from my UK tutor. I've just passed my 2nd year exams for counselling & psychotherapy. Now I know I've passed, I have to decide whether to try and continue the course over here (some sort of equivalent as they won't do the exact same course). The final 2 years of the degree are tough - very tough - and I'm wondering if it might be too much to take on stress wise. I'd also love to learn how to fly, and if I choose to do that, I can't really do both as the study would be immense. Flying I can stop and start but the degree I can't (mid course I mean).

I'll think about it over the next week or so while I have this 'solitude' (as the previous poster pointed out!)

Thanks for cheering me up guys

Mandana x
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:08 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandana
And I'm trying to keep away from the HobNobs as I've got a weight problem as it is! As we're in temporary accommodation and our cooking facilities are pretty dire (utensil wise), it's easier to eat out. And I dread to think how much weight I've put on. That's also getting me down .. but I'll tackle that when we move. Will eat at home more often and I'll have my bike then so can go exploring.

Mandana x
That is one of the worst things for me. I walked miles in the UK, never used my car much and here I have to drive everywhere. I walk the dog for miles and I've just started a Jazzercise class but the weight I have gained since being here is very hard to shift

I'm obviously destined to have a Phyllis Diller body as well.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:11 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Look..my avatar has changed to Phyllis...it's all downhill from here
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Look..my avatar has changed to Phyllis...it's all downhill from here
Ah it's you...I get confused 'cos I tend to recognise folk by their avatar not their usernames.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
That is one of the worst things for me. I walked miles in the UK, never used my car much and here I have to drive everywhere. I walk the dog for miles and I've just started a Jazzercise class but the weight I have gained since being here is very hard to shift

I'm obviously destined to have a Phyllis Diller body as well.
I MISS WALKING TOO! Why cant they ever get out and walk anywhere?? My sister said that the US was very strange ( on her last visit) she said "it looks deserted, no ones around and then you realize that they're all just in their cars. lazy b***ds*"
I get homesick too, always will, if OH said tonight we had got a posting to UK or Europe or Siberia I'd be straight out the door before you could say boo to a goose.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:05 pm
Critical Circuits

Terminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
We're in Houston - arrived 3 weeks ago.
Thanks for the hug
We will be in Houston in a couple of months.
Howdy, future neighbour ( or should I write neighbor now? )
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Terminal
Hi Terminal! Sorry, howdy!

Just replied to your post
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Mandana is taking me to a baseball game tonight to a) cheer me up and b) celebrate the fact I've passed my exams!

Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:18 pm
Critical Circuits

Terminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of light

Mr Mandana is taking me to a baseball game tonight to a) cheer me up and b) celebrate the fact I've passed my exams!

W00t! That sounds like fun and I'm sure you'll have a great night.
Grats on passing your exams as well
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:27 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh someone from the West Country!

Whereabouts are you from?

I must warn you that it is very hot here and nowhere as beautiful as Somerset and the rednecks aren't as entertaining to me as wurzels but..... it will be nice to have you here.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:35 pm
Critical Circuits

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Oooh someone from the West Country!

Whereabouts are you from?

I must warn you that it is very hot here and nowhere as beautiful as Somerset and the rednecks aren't as entertaining to me as wurzels but..... it will be nice to have you here.
We've only been in Somerset for about 18 months, prior to that we were in Herts.

Originally we planned to get a house in Cheddar, but we're still in rented in Weston... not much point moving now really

I have been warned about Houston Summer. Oh and they're grockles here, not wurzels... apparently
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

We've only been in Somerset for about 18 months, prior to that we were in Herts.
Ooo whereabouts in Herts Terminal? We're from Bucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.