Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I AM CLUELESS

I AM CLUELESS

Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

English Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to all
Default I AM CLUELESS

Hi i am a Brit in Grand Rapids with a problem.

I cant get home! I came to the USA 3 months ago on a visiter visa the day I was due to fly out I ended up in hospital after a fall BA will not honer my ticket, i tried and failed to get a new ticket home but having very few people in the uk. I failed with that route.

I tried the embassy no joy they told me it was a immigration problem, so today after a week being here over my visa I called the department of immigration who told me they cant do anything to help, but to contact local charities or my local paper here in the USA.

I did but nothing, so I am now in the USA no money on a friends floor cant get home and needing a beer more than you know.

Any ideas, thoughts or someone willing to post me in a big box back home!

Thanks Chris
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I AM CLUELESS

Have you tried calling the British embassy to get advice?
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

English Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to allEnglish Idiot is a name known to all

Yes they told me there was nothing they can do, that it was US Immigration issue and nothing to do with them
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:29 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't you have any travel insurance?
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

I did but only took it for a few weeks then extended my stay and it didnt cross my mind to extend my insurance
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:43 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you buy a one way on your Credit card and pay it off once you are home and working.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

I wish i could but its maxed
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by English Idiot
Yes they told me there was nothing they can do, that it was US Immigration issue and nothing to do with them
In extreme circumstances the British Embassy will help:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=45
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Why wont BA honor the ticket? By the way, make sure you keep records of everything and get hospital records and all that stuff. If you overstay your visa/VWP this can be forgiven under certain circumstances but you need to prove it.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

OK ! .... Just how have you survived so far ?

Where are you staying ?

Who's computer are you using ?

Sell the f**kin thing and buy a ticket home.

Rob a bank or store, get arrested have free meals and accomodation in the nick, then when you get out they will deport you anyway

This is a riddiculous situation you are in

Why did you wait till the waiver expired ? You are not far from the bridge to Canada in Detriot, try and cross it and explain to the Canadia Imigration, they will send you to the US side who will detain you and deport you back to the UK ..... I know this is what happens form past experience
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Why wont BA honor the ticket? By the way, make sure you keep records of everything and get hospital records and all that stuff. If you overstay your visa/VWP this can be forgiven under certain circumstances but you need to prove it.
Probably one of the cut price tickets...you can normally change the dates for a fee which is much less than buying another ticket.

I hope the OP has some sort of medical evidence to show the airline/embassy/USCIS.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

BA said that if i stayed in Hospital over night then they might, but i was in the A & E at the time of my flight, i have a copy of all the paperwork and it shows the time so for that i am thankfull, i just e-mailed BA yet again but nothing.

Last edited by English Idiot; Dec 10th 2008 at 6:14 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

No it was a full price ticket i changed the dates on it once, but now they are just being bloody minded
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Virgin, tell them how badly you have been treated by BA ..... They may help you, but make sure you contact the UK office, not the US one (American staff have no sympathy)
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Good plan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.