Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-94 -do they ever cause problems?

I-94 -do they ever cause problems?

Old Oct 24th 2002, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Smart Questions is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-94 -do they ever cause problems?

I was wondering if anyone had ever problems with I-94 white form? I know that when you leave the US it is taken away at the border. But from my experience it doesn’t always happen. Does INS actually keep a record of the forms collected? From talking to people, it doesn’t seem so. I have never heard of the case when INS based their information on your departure from the US on pulling your I-94 collected long time before. Is my sample skewed?
I had a friend who overstayed once, but he never had any problems getting a visitor visa from the third country, though it is supposed to be impossible by law. Did they never checked his I-94 and tied it with his record? Is he just lucky? How does Immigration Authorities trace overstaying? Can anyone share his/her experience?
Thanks,
Smart Questions
Old Oct 24th 2002, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Rob S is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never had a problem but when I came to the US as a PR the first time my POE was Boston Logan.
Whilst I sat waiting to be processed I saw several people waiting who had been told they have previously overstayed - none had it was just the I94s had got lost.