Dv 2003

Old Oct 24th 2002, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Karl0415 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Dv 2003

I am a 20 year old guy from Malta ... and me and my family have applied for the DV 2003 programm .. and we got a letter dated October 7th that we were chosen.

Right now we have completed all the forms and we are mailing them tonight. Our case number starts of with 35,XXX ... does that mean we have a bigger chance?

We also have relatives there, not immediate though. They are my mom's aunt and uncle .. and 3 married cousins of my mom. They agreed to write us a letter of support ... stating that whatever happens, we will not become a public charge. This is true, since they are financially good they offered their complete support.

Let's say we mail the applications tonight ... if we get chosen for an interview .. how long should we wait for an answer?

We meet all the regulations .. that is .. work experience .. education and stuff like that.

And where should we put the photographs? Should they be attached to each family member's application? Or just put in the envelope loose?

Please can someone reply to these questions ... we are a bit lost ... and we are working very hard to make this dream come true ... the relatives in the U.S. are all the relatives mom has ... and nothing would make her happier .. than to be reunited with them.

Thank you

Karl.
Old Oct 24th 2002, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

In addition to my previous message ...

I have 2 more questions ...

Which envelope should we use for mailing the applications for immigrant visa and alien registration? Should it be an A4 envelope so that we don't have to bend the applications ... and should it be of any specific color?

And when we stick the address label on the envelope ... should we write something else ... or just put the sticker on the the envelope and mail it? And should it have a return address? And if it should, should it be on the back of the envelope .. or on the top left corner?

Sorry for all these questions, but we want to do everything correct to avoid disqualification.

karl
Old Oct 24th 2002, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Lol sorry .. one more question ...

From the 50,000/55,000 visas available .. are they assigned in proportion to each country? or to each geographic section?

I read that from Malta there were only 3 winners .. one of them was us ... does that mean a bigger chance?

Thank you so much
Karl
Old Oct 24th 2002, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

greeny is an unknown quantity at this point

Your turm may come next summer or may not come never. 35xxx is a large case number and there is a big chance that total 50000 visas available for DV2003 will be gone already untill you will be invited to an interview. On the other hand I have contacted KCC and an attorney and they said that I am supposed to wait till the visa bulletin in http://www.travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin.html shows a cut-off number larger than mine (my number 4xxxx). I still have many questions in my mind, however a certain thng is if you had a number of EUx3xxx you would have your GC in couple of months...

PS: I am in US.

Originally posted by Karl0415
Lol sorry .. one more question ...

From the 50,000/55,000 visas available .. are they assigned in proportion to each country? or to each geographic section?

I read that from Malta there were only 3 winners .. one of them was us ... does that mean a bigger chance?

Thank you so much
Karl
Old Oct 24th 2002, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

why everything must be so hard and difficult? I mean .. hello!? I want to work there and live a good life .. it's not that i'm coming to do damage or rely on the government!
Old Oct 24th 2002, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

blitzkitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dv 2003

Currently they are processing numbers below 4500.

You are not considered until they have received your completed package. Make sure it is complete! and mail it now!

I would attach the pictures with a bit of scotch tape.

the state department's website is really source for info, also check the visa bulltin on that site. http://travel.state.gov/

I am a 20 year old guy from Malta ... and me and my family have applied for the DV 2003 programm .. and we got a letter dated October 7th that we were chosen.

Right now we have completed all the forms and we are mailing them tonight. Our case number starts of with 35,XXX ... does that mean we have a bigger chance?

We also have relatives there, not immediate though. They are my mom's aunt and uncle .. and 3 married cousins of my mom. They agreed to write us a letter of support ... stating that whatever happens, we will not become a public charge. This is true, since they are financially good they offered their complete support.

Let's say we mail the applications tonight ... if we get chosen for an interview .. how long should we wait for an answer?

We meet all the regulations .. that is .. work experience .. education and stuff like that.

And where should we put the photographs? Should they be attached to each family member's application? Or just put in the envelope loose?

Please can someone reply to these questions ... we are a bit lost ... and we are working very hard to make this dream come true ... the relatives in the U.S. are all the relatives mom has ... and nothing would make her happier .. than to be reunited with them.

Thank you

Karl.
Old Oct 24th 2002, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

But there is no place where to attach the photos with scotch tape!

Karl
Old Oct 24th 2002, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Also .. I found this info ...

The Act (that is Diversity Programm) makes available 50,000 permanent resident visas annually to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.

Within each region, no one country may receive more than seven percent of the available Diversity Visas in any one year.

From Malta .. 3 were chosen this year (2003 Programm). That doesn't even add up to 7% . Malta's population is around 380,000.

Should I check this with the American Embassy in Malta .. or is there anyone here that can answer this question?

Karl
Old Oct 24th 2002, 6:21 pm
mmm

mmm is an unknown quantity at this point

Use a paper clip

And Good Luck!!!
Old Oct 24th 2002, 7:58 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by greeny

PS: I am in US.
Not that it’s any of my business, but have you maintained your status while in the U.S?

I'm sure there are going to be many people selected in the lottery who have not maintained their status. They will then find that they cannot adjust status from "within" the U.S., and they might also find (depending on their facts/situation) that they are now subject to a 3 or 10 year ban when they depart the U.S. to try to get a diversity visa at a U.S. Consulate abroad.

I don't do "that" many lottery submissions for clients each year, however when I do get one from a person in the U.S., the first thing I need to do is a consultation with them to make sure they would not run into the problems I mentioned above (and remember, when a lottery submission is made, it’s many month later that they “might� be eligible to apply for AOS or a diversity visa, so the consultation also is a good preventative measure to keep them from messing up their chances over the upcoming months while waiting for the lottery results). No need to perform lottery work for them (and earn a fee) if they could not apply for AOS or a diversity visa in the event they are selected in the lottery with a low enough rank number.

There are also many non-attorneys out there offering lottery services. I wonder what "they" do for their clients who are currently in the U.S. They obviously don't have a license to practice law and give a legal analysis/consultation (or perhaps the knowledge to perform the proper analysis/consultation). Do they just take the money and enter them anyway? I wonder.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/ltryinfo.htm
Old Oct 24th 2002, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

I am not in the U.S. I am in Malta .. my native birth country.

What I would like to know is

Our case number is 35XXX. I read that each country in each geographic region must not exceed 7% of the available visas. Since there are only 3 winners from Malta this year, does that mean that 99% we are in?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Karl
Old Oct 24th 2002, 8:24 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

I am not in the U.S. I am in Malta .. my native birth country.

What I would like to know is

Our case number is 35XXX. I read that each country in each geographic region must not exceed 7% of the available visas. Since there are only 3 winners from Malta this year, does that mean that 99% we are in?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Karl
A regional rank number in the 35,000 range is very high (in light of the fact that there are only 50,000 slots available this year), so there is a chance they will run out of slots before your rank number becomes current. Keep monitoring the visa bulletin, and be ready to apply once/if your rank number becomes current.

Good luck.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/index.htm
Old Oct 24th 2002, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

to apply .. you mean send it the ... Visa Immigration and Alien Registration Forms? I am sending them tomorrow ....