I-551 and possible divorce!

I-551 and possible divorce!

Old Oct 20th 2002, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

ralu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-551 and possible divorce!

j
8. affidavits from friends.

Last edited by ralu; May 27th 2004 at 6:56 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2002, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-551 and possible divorce!

Originally posted by ralu:
Hi everybody,
i have a problem with capital "P".i got married with a USC in my country overseas.we applied for a spousal visa through th US embassy and i got it.iarrived in US with an immigrant visa,and at POE they put a I-551 stamp in my passport.but before i arrived here my wife cheated on me,but as soon i arrived she left that guy and come back to me.we gat married 1 year ago, but i arrived in US only 3 months ago.we are having again marriage problems,and a possible divorce.she had 2 children from a previous marriage, and we never lived together since i came in US,because we wanted to giev the kids a chance to know me better, before we move in together.here is the question:does anybody knows what are teh chances to remove conditions of 2 years on green card with a divorce?i have a few proofs:
1. joint credit cards
2.joint savings account
3.joint income tax return
4. joint car insurance
5.she's the beneficiarry of my life insurance
6.a lot of pictures
7.i saved all the postcards and letters she sent to me in my country.
i looked on-line and saw thw persons who came in us on a spousal visa or K1 visa are in very good position from INS stand point.
what are success rate, in filling I-751 without your spouse?
i wait your answer soon.

8. affidavits from friends.
Hi:

I'm a lawyer, not a bookie. So I won't give the chances. But I've done such cases successfully. They are fact dependent. Even if INS says no, you will have a chance to renew the application in Removal Proceedings before an Immigration Judge. Burden of proof to show sham marriage is on the INS!

Two pieces of advice: 1) get a lawyer 2) don't wait the two years -- file as soon as the divorce is final. IMHO, I think that an "early" filing is in itself evidence of good faith.