Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-485 and Employment Authorization

I-485 and Employment Authorization

Old Dec 27th 2005, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

MissPatriotic is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I-485 and Employment Authorization

yeah you definitely have to persevere, you are right that they probably hope that most people give up because its too much hassle!
Maybe i should be MrsPatriotic! well spotted!

I am not used to this Mrs nonsense yet.

whereabouts are you TN-Dave????
i am in Northern Kentucky, just across the bridge from Cincinnati!!!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 4:18 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
as long as it's now Ms.Patriotic I don't mind - I really dislike that Ms thing..... (that comment will probably start a war in here )

Hopefully no war, but if you're planning to work in the US you better get used to it...
Old Dec 27th 2005, 4:19 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by MissPatriotic
yeah you definitely have to persevere, you are right that they probably hope that most people give up because its too much hassle!
Maybe i should be MrsPatriotic! well spotted!

I am not used to this Mrs nonsense yet.

whereabouts are you TN-Dave????
i am in Northern Kentucky, just across the bridge from Cincinnati!!!
I'm in Knoxville, TN..... where I-75 and I-40 meet !,... about 30 mins from the smokeys....
Old Dec 27th 2005, 4:20 pm

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira
Hopefully no war, but if you're planning to work in the US you better get used to it...
I do work and I am used to it, but it don't mean I have to like it ! LOL

OK - I'm employed... actually 'working' is another matter and it's debatable as to who you ask...

Last edited by TN-Dave; Dec 27th 2005 at 4:21 pm. Reason: ..
Old Dec 27th 2005, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

MissPatriotic is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=TN-Dave]as long as it's now Ms.Patriotic I don't mind - I really dislike that Ms thing..... (that comment will probably start a war in here )

i think i actually offended a Yank on here with my name MissPatriotic as i was referring to my beloved UK. They seemed to think that i hated america and didnt want to be here-from my username!!!!!

on the contrary i have always been intrigued by america and if i hated it i definitely would not have given up everything to move here and marry one of them!!!!

i havent been to Knoxville, i have been to Nashville and i would like to see Memphis too!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 4:35 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I do work and I am used to it, but it don't mean I have to like it ! LOL

OK - I'm employed... actually 'working' is another matter and it's debatable as to who you ask...

Finding enough time to post here I trust?
Old Dec 27th 2005, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
Finding enough time to post here I trust?
It's finding the time to work between posts that I find more difficult these days ! LOLOLOL....... I wish I'd found this place as soon as I'd arrived, it would of made life much easier and answered so masny questions for me, and releived some of the stress too !

Last edited by TN-Dave; Dec 27th 2005 at 4:41 pm. Reason: ..
Old Dec 27th 2005, 4:39 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

as long as it's now Ms.Patriotic I don't mind - I really dislike that Ms thing..... (that comment will probably start a war in here )
Yeah, I always thought that was weird. I had an English teacher called Ms. Green, she always told people off for calling her Miss or Mrs. I asked her what Ms meant, married or not (I was 11 at the time & didn't think that was a rude question!) & she said it doesn't matter (or something along those lines!!!), it's just Ms.

She always seemed kinda hung up about that issue, but other than that, she was a really great teacher.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, I always thought that was weird. I had an English teacher called Ms. Green, she always told people off for calling her Miss or Mrs. I asked her what Ms meant, married or not (I was 11 at the time & didn't think that was a rude question!) & she said it doesn't matter (or something along those lines!!!), it's just Ms.

She always seemed kinda hung up about that issue, but other than that, she was a really great teacher.
I always thought it was a wierd prefix to use..... maybe that was just me as it seems to be widespread over here !
Old Dec 27th 2005, 5:30 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MissPatriotic
...after i was married i must file my I-485 and my EAD and i cant leave the USA until my adjustment of status is complete, unless there are special circumstances( i heard on here though that you can pay to file to see if you are eligible to leave)...
You can file the I-131 for Advance Parole, (AP) but make sure that you do so way ahead of any time you might use it as it can take up to three months to be processed. It can be filed for along with your AOS or anytime afterwards.

You can get AP whether or not you are eligible to use it - they don't discriminate on that score but, should you have overstayed a previous visa by six months or more, (just prior to having filed for adjustment of status) then you definitely shouldn't bother.

It's not the leaving the country that could be a potential problem, just the returning.

On this form you must specify a date of travel and a reason but you can be fairly vague with these details
Old Dec 27th 2005, 5:44 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought it was a wierd prefix to use..... maybe that was just me as it seems to be widespread over here !
On a slightly different note, I love it when the kids here call me Miss Liz! Btw, my name is Liz incase you didn't know, although people call me Red too, plus a number of other things!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 5:47 pm

On a slightly different note, I love it when the kids here call me Miss Liz! Btw, my name is Liz incase you didn't know, although people call me Red too, plus a number of other things!
You're a fraggle ? J/K....
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:15 pm
Back where I belong!

You're a fraggle ? J/K....
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:18 pm

"Red" was one of the fraggles from Fraggle Rock (kids TV show about 20 years ago).
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:20 pm

Here you go:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.