Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hurricaine Rita

Wikiposts

Hurricaine Rita

Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hurricaine Rita

Originally Posted by vegas
I'm moving to Dallas next week to get away from the Hurricanes and this one appears to be going straight through there. Unbelievable!
Welcome to the DFW area! Hopefully you'll be on the "good side" of the Metroplex (not Dallas!)
Old Sep 20th 2005, 7:10 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
We booked a cruise out of New Orleans leaving next month, after Katrina they moved the Port to Houston - God Hates Me!!!!!!!!!
Have you been a naughty boy then?? mwhahahaha!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 7:18 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
You and me both :scared:

We are 12 miles from Surfside Beach and the voluntary evacuation is in effect here in Brazoria county already. Should we panic yet or not???????????
Surfside beach? I'm in S.W Houston so it looks like you're much closer to the coast than I am.....are you planning on leaving in the next day or so? Right now they really don't have a clue how Rita is going to strengthen or where she's headed

it seems were all a bit jittery after what's happened to poor New Orleans.....after talking to friends who were here during Allison...I'm not so worried about the direct effect of a hurricane but rather the flooding that may follow :scared:
Old Sep 20th 2005, 7:28 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Surfside beach? I'm in S.W Houston so it looks like you're much closer to the coast than I am.....are you planning on leaving in the next day or so? Right now they really don't have a clue how Rita is going to strengthen or where she's headed

it seems were all a bit jittery after what's happened to poor New Orleans.....after talking to friends who were here during Allison...I'm not so worried about the direct effect of a hurricane but rather the flooding that may follow :scared:
High ground.... don't go into basements or into elevators.

You could ride it out at mine, what the hey.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 7:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we will decide tonight what we are going to do. We said if it was a 2 or less we would ride it out but after N.O. it does make you more jittery. We have flooded before from tropical storms but I'm not sure if I want to be sitting on my roof this time (thats if I have a roof left to sit on!)
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:34 am
Back Again

Originally Posted by snowbunny
High ground.... don't go into basements or into elevators.

You could ride it out at mine, what the hey.
that's very kind of you ...I might just have to take up the offer

now Rita is a category 4 :scared: Galveston is facing mandatory evacuation...so sugarmooma is definitly on the move..stay safe girl!!!

I'm definitly happier up intil late last night my husband was out in the Gulf...thankfully they evacuated with plenty of time to spare...
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:37 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

that's very kind of you ...I might just have to take up the offer

now Rita is a category 4 :scared: Galveston is facing mandatory evacuation...so sugarmooma is definitly on the move..stay safe girl!!!

I'm definitly happier up intil late last night my husband was out in the Gulf...thankfully they evacuated with plenty of time to spare...

Yeah, just called a client who's in Houston for business to see if he wants to change his flight and come back earlier than Friday. I don't want him stranded.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:41 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Yeah, just called a client who's in Houston for business to see if he wants to change his flight and come back earlier than Friday. I don't want him stranded.
My SIL, who lives in Houston, is driving to us in Arkansas today to avoid Rita. We've had Katrina refugees in town but they are slowly going back, except for the ones who have decided it's so nice here they want to stay!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:46 am
Back Again

Originally Posted by dbark
My SIL, who lives in Houston, is driving to us in Arkansas today to avoid Rita. We've had Katrina refugees in town but they are slowly going back, except for the ones who have decided it's so nice here they want to stay!
whereabouts in Houston is your SIL from? our only family is in Missouri...seems a bit drastic to head there..........I'm gonna stay glued to the set....i don't want to end up waiting last minute and getting stranded in huge traffic jams....those poor NO evacuees having to be moved yet again!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:49 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

whereabouts in Houston is your SIL from? our only family is in Missouri...seems a bit drastic to head there..........I'm gonna stay glued to the set....i don't want to end up waiting last minute and getting stranded in huge traffic jams....those poor NO evacuees having to be moved yet again!

Back when they hac evac here for Floyd in '99 there were people who sat on the beltway road going out of Savannah for 4 hours!! They were all trying to go north. I went west-had no problem at all.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:49 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

She lives in west Houston. But I think she likes an excuse to come and see family - it's also a company car, company pays gas, etc etc! She'll probably take a few vacation days and go back after the weekend.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:30 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

And there was me thinking that TV was going to be boring this weekend after Bill Maher on Friday night.

Now I have devastation, gas hikes, gas rage, political tripe and looting to watch on the news.

I'm off to stock up on pop-corn before it costs me $12 to drive to the local grocery store.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:13 am
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Back when they hac evac here for Floyd in '99 there were people who sat on the beltway road going out of Savannah for 4 hours!! They were all trying to go north. I went west-had no problem at all.
Must have been a pretty big concert then?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:13 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

What is it with these women ?
First Katrina wipes out New Orleans and then her sister Rita heads for Galveston - and Houston, where some of the NO evacuated went - is in the pathway.

Three day track:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...tml?3day?large
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:29 am
I still love a brit :0)

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie
What is it with these women ?
First Katrina wipes out New Orleans and then her sister Rita heads for Galveston - and Houston, where some of the NO evacuated went - is in the pathway.

Three day track:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...tml?3day?large

Hey thanks for that tracker thingy.

Better hang on to your tail feathers Syllk

Aside of that I hope it keeps on going long enough to wipe out my X

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.