Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How homesick are you?

How homesick are you?

Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:39 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: How homesick are you?

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Thanks
I am from Farnham Surrey although my parents lived in Malvern..
Been down the Hogs Back to Farnham a few times.

EDIT: Im thinking of Farnborough aren't I?

Last edited by Rushman; Mar 27th 2007 at 12:45 am.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:40 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I am from Farnham Surrey although my parents lived in Malvern..
Nice!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:45 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Been down the Hogs Back to Farnham a few times.
Me too. Why the hell did i come here?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:00 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

well I'm going back 'home' to the shires for nearly a month at the end of this week

I've pretty much got over homesickness in the last 4 years by drowning my sorrows in booze, and although a bit yankified, i'm still the slightly arseholish britwho does a lot of what he likes to do

not really happy about the weather - high of 88 here - high of 59 tomorrow in st albans oh well
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:07 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
well I'm going back 'home' to the shires for nearly a month at the end of this week

I've pretty much got over homesickness in the last 4 years by drowning my sorrows in booze, and although a bit yankified, i'm still the slightly arseholish britwho does a lot of what he likes to do

not really happy about the weather - high of 88 here - high of 59 tomorrow in st albans oh well
Yeah, that's one thing I'll miss, I do like the weather here.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, that's one thing I'll miss, I do like the weather here.
I don't, it sucks
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:18 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. Why the hell did i come here?
I know why I came here, I just don't know how I could have been so misguided.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:40 am
Just Joined

BamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really niceBamaBrit is just really nice

i was homesick for about 2 years, missed my friends and family the most of all And being able to walk to the pub, here you have to drive everywhere. I miss the fish n chips still and having a balti after a night out, lol. I talk to my mom everyweek on Windows live messanger, video calling is the best and she gets to see her grandaughter that way too. I dont think i ever want to move back to England now, life is so much better here for me than it was back there, and mom says it just keeps getting worse. It would be nice to have a Summer home or something over there though so i could come over when i wanted to go to the football games. Although i have admitedly gotten into the college football over here.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

britex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of light

hi guys iam home sick alot of the time .feed up with having to say how you ended up here in armpit texas.you know accent thing drives me nuts .i have lived here 7 years and if it was not for my wife and girls i would go back to dear old watford .i went home at the start of march and getting on that plane to come back was like getting on a slave ship.i just miss it all .i dont hunt like nascar or the wwe kind of hard to fit in herr
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex
hi guys iam home sick alot of the time .feed up with having to say how you ended up here in armpit texas.you know accent thing drives me nuts .i have lived here 7 years and if it was not for my wife and girls i would go back to dear old watford .i went home at the start of march and getting on that plane to come back was like getting on a slave ship.i just miss it all .i dont hunt like nascar or the wwe kind of hard to fit in herr
Welcome to BE britex not a bad bunch on here so stay around
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:02 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Welcome to BE britex not a bad bunch on here so stay around
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Britex, welcome to BE.
Why just last night I had a waitress in a restaurant demanding me to speak due to my accent she over heard whilst talking to hubby. I soon put her in her place and I told her I find it highly embarrassing when put in such situations and that I am not a freak show. Maybe I would have been a tad nicer if she had not been eavesdropping and at least added a please on the end. Manners here leave a lot to be desired. Totally with you the whole are you Irish, no, and what brings you here, to which we often answer airplane!
Chin up and stick around this place will cheer you up. It's good to know you're not alone!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

First thing ...stop bleedin whining .....
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
Hi Britex, welcome to BE.
Why just last night I had a waitress in a restaurant demanding me to speak due to my accent she over heard whilst talking to hubby. I soon put her in her place and I told her I find it highly embarrassing when put in such situations and that I am not a freak show. Maybe I would have been a tad nicer if she had not been eavesdropping and at least added a please on the end. Manners here leave a lot to be desired. Totally with you the whole are you Irish, no, and what brings you here, to which we often answer airplane!
Chin up and stick around this place will cheer you up. It's good to know you're not alone!

When we first visited the school our kida are in members of staff came into the office as they had heard english people were in there!

They came to hear us speak- felt like we were having sticks poked at us.

Hubby often says hes available for party entertainment too.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loopylorns
When we first visited the school our kida are in members of staff came into the office as they had heard english people were in there!

They came to hear us speak- felt like we were having sticks poked at us.

Hubby often says hes available for party entertainment too.
We registered our little lad for Kindergarten on Monday and the assistant principle had us in there ages as she just wanted out little lad to talk to her. He was his usual non talkative self so hubby had to prompt her to get on with the registration process.
I have a very good friend that tries to put on the Scottish accent and she ends up sounding like a pakistani, has me in bloody stitches.
On days in the grocery store when I can't be arsed telling the tale all I say is uh hu, a tad rude but I'm sick of hearing what brought me here!
I notice people looking at us in restaurants all the time. I wouldn't mind if they said hello or my what a lovely accent but when you see them staring and you make eye contact they turn away so fast as though they had just farted. I let my friends do the talking too if I don't want to go there.
We always get "why Texas" to which I reply "why not"????
I know I'm being a bitch today, I promise to play nice with the natives when I'm out and about today! Have a great day y'all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.