How fast!

Old Feb 13th 2005, 11:13 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up How fast!

I went to the local USCIS office on Febuary 2nd, to (finally) get the errors on my Green Card fixed. Thet told me that card would take upto six months to arrive.

Yesterday (Feb 12th) the replacement card arrived in the mail!
Old Feb 13th 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How fast!

My greencard arrived 8 days after my AOS interview last month. They seem to have gotten their act together.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 1:58 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I went to the local USCIS office on Febuary 2nd, to (finally) get the errors on my Green Card fixed. Thet told me that card would take upto six months to arrive.

Yesterday (Feb 12th) the replacement card arrived in the mail!
I assume you visited the Charlotte office off Tyvola. Officially, the USCIS gives itself 6 months to mail out Green Cards but if you've read people's stories lately about the Charlotte office, you'll find that GCs are arriving far quicker than that.

Look at my timeline below.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 2:19 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
My greencard arrived 8 days after my AOS interview last month. They seem to have gotten their act together.
You've got to be kidding........

My I-130 from March 2003 hasn't been looked at yet and has been transferred from Texas to Nebraska to New Jersey. No movement on my I-485 from July 2004, either.

I'm now having to spend another $175 to renew my EAD. I went to enquire about what was going on in Boston last month and after being patronised for 5 minutes following a 4 hour wait just wanted to go home to the UK.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

It's great to hear that a GC can be replaced and received within a matter of weeks, I'm still waiting on mine since July last year, and have been to the offices in Philly, NJ and Phoenix and no one, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON who works there seems to have a clue as how to go about giving me a temp stamp in my passport until the GC arrives... and the time they've given me for it, is 18 months... so maybe I might see it around Christmas this year?
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoB1833
You've got to be kidding........

My I-130 from March 2003 hasn't been looked at yet and has been transferred from Texas to Nebraska to New Jersey. No movement on my I-485 from July 2004, either.

I'm now having to spend another $175 to renew my EAD. I went to enquire about what was going on in Boston last month and after being patronised for 5 minutes following a 4 hour wait just wanted to go home to the UK.
I mean't for processing greencards, not all the other stuff. Come on, this is the INS we're talking about. Took us two years to get to the AOS stage and I had to waste $175 on an EAD renewel just to be on the safe side as mine would have run out in march.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:26 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
It's great to hear that a GC can be replaced and received within a matter of weeks, I'm still waiting on mine since July last year, and have been to the offices in Philly, NJ and Phoenix and no one, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON who works there seems to have a clue as how to go about giving me a temp stamp in my passport until the GC arrives... and the time they've given me for it, is 18 months... so maybe I might see it around Christmas this year?
Pulaski's experience is probably not typical because he lives just outside of Charlotte, NC anyway....

NC Penguin
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Phoenix office gave me a passport stamp without any issue's or fuss. But I went armed with a print off from their website saying that stamping passports with the tempory stamp was still in effect as of august last year. I got this info from the marriage based visa forum. Do a search to see if you can find the link.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:36 am
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

My son turned 14 and as you all probably know, all 14 year olds have to renew their green cards. You get a one year I-551 stamp in the passport whilst waiting for the new card.

One year later, we visited the BCIS office (in Atlanta) and they realised they lost the renewal app (thankfully the officer still worked in Atlanta who had originally signed the I-551 stamp). We had to pay for new photos but at least they waived all other fees and gave my son another I-551 stamo for another year.

One year later (total of two years), my sons green card showed up. Funny thing was, he became a citizen of the USA the month before it arrived.

Moral of the story. Don't hold your breath. this had to be the easiest thing for them to handle, a reprint of a card due to a kid turning 14 - TWO FRIGGIN YEARS !!!!!

Last edited by franc111s; Feb 14th 2005 at 2:38 am.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
The Phoenix office gave me a passport stamp without any issue's or fuss. But I went armed with a print off from their website saying that stamping passports with the tempory stamp was still in effect as of august last year. I got this info from the marriage based visa forum. Do a search to see if you can find the link.

Thanks for the info Pimbot... The lady I had to deal with at the Phoenix office was not a happy camper with me, even though I handed over every single bit of paperwork for the renewal and the need of a stamp, I think it was because she had just dealt with a screaming individual for half an hour before she called my lucky number... she told me I needed different paperwork to be able to get my pasport stamped, so told me the form to ask for (which I did) only to get a letter a few weeks later saying I didn't need that paperwork as my application was allready in process... it's all very frustrating and I have written to the Senetor and called several times, however, the lady at the senetors office is never at work when I call... I'd like to work her hours
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wahoo! What a surprise, after moaning on this thread about the GC.. it arrived in the post today... now I can get back in this country without all the fuss again, when I next go home. I'm impressed that it only took six months to make that little card, especially as they told me 18... amazing...

Am wondering why it only took Sams Club a few seconds to make me their card with a picture on it when I paid them money
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:45 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Wahoo! What a surprise, after moaning on this thread about the GC.. it arrived in the post today... now I can get back in this country without all the fuss again, when I next go home. I'm impressed that it only took six months to make that little card, especially as they told me 18... amazing...

Am wondering why it only took Sams Club a few seconds to make me their card with a picture on it when I paid them money
It's all the little state flags and president's heads on the back of the card. Each one's hand-made, don't you know?
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
It's all the little state flags and president's heads on the back of the card. Each one's hand-made, don't you know?

hand made by mongolian ants
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AdobePinon

Of course, as you'd mentioned the little state flags, I just had to go and look at it... didn't I... :scared:

By the way, when you (anyone) has been issued their GC, were you told to carry it on you at all times OR told to keep it in a safe place? Just curious
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USBound
hand made by mongolian ants
Do they pay them well?