Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How do you see the US in 5 years time?

How do you see the US in 5 years time?

Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

StaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to all
Default How do you see the US in 5 years time?

How do you see the US in 5 years time, better or worse?

Will the positive attitude of Americans pull it out of post recession gloom or will day to day life continue to decline?

Does a future life in the USA still look promising or is anyone making plans to leave?

Do you see a future there for your children/grandchildren?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:46 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you see the US in 5 years time?

Originally Posted by StaryandStripey

Will the positive attitude of Americans pull it out of post recession gloom or will day to day life continue to decline?

Does a future life in the USA still look promising or is anyone making plans to leave?

I guess if there were answers to these questions, someone would be making a lot of money out of supplying them! I don't think the US is diffferent to any other Country currently experiencing the economic turmoil that we're working our way through. Not sure there is an underlying "postive" attitude in the American society, although granted there is a generic "can do" attitude instilled in the people somehow. I'm not sure people would be leaving here specifically due to the situation as where is there that's not been affected by it? Not really anywhere to run to that has not got it's own share of problems from what I can see. For what it's worth, the cycle is turning - it has to - it's just how quickly it will get back to a level of comfort (not normalcy as what on earth is that anyway!).
Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:46 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

See you when I get there.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StaryandStripey

1. the only way is up

2.I'm almost positive it will, most people have a glass half full attitude here.

3.lots of people, go check out the MBTTUK thread, lots of different reasons, but I still think it's worth sticking it out (not that I have a choice)

4. this is where they will be, so I am hopeful there will be a good future ahead for them
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukintexas
I guess if there were answers to these questions, someone would be making a lot of money out of supplying them! I don't think the US is diffferent to any other Country currently experiencing the economic turmoil that we're working our way through. Not sure there is an underlying "postive" attitude in the American society, although granted there is a generic "can do" attitude instilled in the people somehow. I'm not sure people would be leaving here specifically due to the situation as where is there that's not been affected by it? Not really anywhere to run to that has not got it's own share of problems from what I can see. For what it's worth, the cycle is turning - it has to - it's just how quickly it will get back to a level of comfort (not normalcy as what on earth is that anyway!).
I agree. This isn't a US question...more of a world one, IMO....
Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Swings and round abouts....there's always something shit but stuff gets better.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:18 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Boom and bust, it's the way of the world.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
Boom and bust, it's the way of the world.
I wonder if Californian busts will deflate?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:29 am

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I wonder if Californian busts will deflate?
St. Trinians woman, St. Trinians for god sake.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
St. Trinians woman, St. Trinians for god sake.
Sorry
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:43 am

Sorry
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Excellent!!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

It'll get better here, it always does. Tho that won't stop me from emigrating out of the US when the time comes
Old Oct 9th 2009, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is this person stary or starry? It's bugging me.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Is this person stary or starry? It's bugging me.
Believe (s)he meant starry :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.