British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   How do you see the US in 5 years time? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/how-do-you-see-us-5-years-time-634633/)

StaryandStripey Oct 8th 2009 4:40 pm

How do you see the US in 5 years time?

How do you see the US in 5 years time, better or worse?

Will the positive attitude of Americans pull it out of post recession gloom or will day to day life continue to decline?

Does a future life in the USA still look promising or is anyone making plans to leave?

Do you see a future there for your children/grandchildren?

ukintexas Oct 8th 2009 4:46 pm

Re: How do you see the US in 5 years time?

Originally Posted by StaryandStripey (Post 8000620)

Will the positive attitude of Americans pull it out of post recession gloom or will day to day life continue to decline?

Does a future life in the USA still look promising or is anyone making plans to leave?

I guess if there were answers to these questions, someone would be making a lot of money out of supplying them! I don't think the US is diffferent to any other Country currently experiencing the economic turmoil that we're working our way through. Not sure there is an underlying "postive" attitude in the American society, although granted there is a generic "can do" attitude instilled in the people somehow. I'm not sure people would be leaving here specifically due to the situation as where is there that's not been affected by it? Not really anywhere to run to that has not got it's own share of problems from what I can see. For what it's worth, the cycle is turning - it has to - it's just how quickly it will get back to a level of comfort (not normalcy as what on earth is that anyway!).

MrEmjoy Oct 8th 2009 4:46 pm

See you when I get there.

Englishtart Oct 8th 2009 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by StaryandStripey (Post 8000620)

1. the only way is up

2.I'm almost positive it will, most people have a glass half full attitude here.

3.lots of people, go check out the MBTTUK thread, lots of different reasons, but I still think it's worth sticking it out (not that I have a choice)

4. this is where they will be, so I am hopeful there will be a good future ahead for them:fingerscrossed:

Dan725 Oct 8th 2009 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by ukintexas (Post 8000630)
I guess if there were answers to these questions, someone would be making a lot of money out of supplying them! I don't think the US is diffferent to any other Country currently experiencing the economic turmoil that we're working our way through. Not sure there is an underlying "postive" attitude in the American society, although granted there is a generic "can do" attitude instilled in the people somehow. I'm not sure people would be leaving here specifically due to the situation as where is there that's not been affected by it? Not really anywhere to run to that has not got it's own share of problems from what I can see. For what it's worth, the cycle is turning - it has to - it's just how quickly it will get back to a level of comfort (not normalcy as what on earth is that anyway!).

I agree. This isn't a US question...more of a world one, IMO....

Bob Oct 9th 2009 1:13 am

Swings and round abouts....there's always something shit but stuff gets better.

sime303 Oct 9th 2009 1:18 am

Boom and bust, it's the way of the world.

Sally Redux Oct 9th 2009 1:20 am

Originally Posted by sime303 (Post 8001716)
Boom and bust, it's the way of the world.

I wonder if Californian busts will deflate?

sime303 Oct 9th 2009 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 8001720)
I wonder if Californian busts will deflate?

St. Trinians woman, St. Trinians for god sake. :lol:

Sally Redux Oct 9th 2009 1:30 am

Originally Posted by sime303 (Post 8001733)
St. Trinians woman, St. Trinians for god sake. :lol:

Sorry :lol:

sime303 Oct 9th 2009 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 8001735)
Sorry :lol:

Sally Redux Oct 9th 2009 2:46 am

:lol: Excellent!!

chrisfromusa Oct 9th 2009 5:54 pm

It'll get better here, it always does. Tho that won't stop me from emigrating out of the US :) when the time comes

Sally Redux Oct 9th 2009 5:55 pm

Is this person stary :blink: or starry? It's bugging me.

chrisfromusa Oct 9th 2009 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 8004061)
Is this person stary :blink: or starry? It's bugging me.

Believe (s)he meant starry :P