Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How British are you?

How British are you?

Old Jun 17th 2005, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How British are you?

Originally Posted by Bob
Unless Austria changed it recently, they had 3 emergency numbers, 112 was for the police...111 ambulance, 113 for fire...or somin' like that...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_telephone_number
Old Jun 17th 2005, 6:55 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh......

The first emergency number system to be deployed was in London, United Kingdom on June 30, 1937. When 999 was dialled, a buzzer sounded and a red light flashed in the exchange to attract an operator's attention. It was gradually extended to cover the entire country, but it was not until the late 1960s that the facility was available from every telephone.

The first North American emergency number was the 999 system deployed in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada in 1959. The first US 911 emergency phone system was set up in Alabama in 1968, but it was not in use everywhere until the 1970s."

Brits, then much later Canucks, then the septics.

I like Switzerland:

# Switzerland: Psychological support (free and anonymous): 143, Psychological support for teens and children (free and anonymous): 147

be cheaper to ring Switzerland for "psychological support" than to go to the shrink!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
be cheaper to ring Switzerland for "psychological support" than to go to the shrink!
Better start practising on your french, german, italian or rheto-roman.....
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:00 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Better start practising on your french, german, italian or rheto-roman.....
It's anonymous.... I can say I've been so traumatised I can only speak English!

You know, when you're here, we can't visit a library or we'll never get out of the reference stacks!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by snowbunny
You know, when you're here, we can't visit a library or we'll never get out of the reference stacks!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:15 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Toontje
We might shock the librarians though....

(straightens clothes).....

okay.

back on topic?
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:20 pm
Going home at last

dragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to all

I got 10 out of 15 some of the questions were totally stupid we all know if you spill some ones drink in a pub you will end up in a fight especially where we were from Aylesbury!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough
Arrow Re: How British are you?

Got 9/15...i have never been in UK (seriously)...
Old Jun 20th 2005, 3:24 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

whoo hoo! I got 10 points and a seat on the district council .. one more point and I'd have a seat in Parliment!!!!...not bad for someone who's been away for 9 years