Reload this Page >

Houses for rent near Fort Wayne, Indiana

Houses for rent near Fort Wayne, Indiana

Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:29 pm
glc
Just Joined

glc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Houses for rent near Fort Wayne, Indiana

Does anyone know of any 4 bedroom properties for rent near the Fort Wayne area in Indiana. We are lookng to move there from the UK in the next 3 months but are struggling to find any houses for rent.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Houses for rent near Fort Wayne, Indiana

The website 'craigslist' is a good place to start for any community in the US; here's a direct link to the housing area, searching on 4 BR.

Starting from here you can also find the 'housing wanted' column, which is where I found great renters when I was subletting my US house: http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:45 pm
glc
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
The website 'craigslist' is a good place to start for any community in the US; here's a direct link to the housing area, searching on 4 BR.

Starting from here you can also find the 'housing wanted' column, which is where I found great renters when I was subletting my US house: http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/
Really appreciate that thanks, been searching for weeks and got nowhere.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:48 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

also try contacting realtors (estate agents). We found both our 2 rentals via our realtor as people were very keen to get tenants into empty houses they could not sell to offset their mortgage payments.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glc
Really appreciate that thanks, been searching for weeks and got nowhere.
Of course, it will help to know the neighborhoods, and what part of town you want to be in... I don't know if it was posted in your other thread, but there's a site called city-data that is good for helping you get the lay of the land with a new city.
Good luck!

Can anyone from work offer suggestions to your family?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:52 pm
glc
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MsElui
also try contacting realtors (estate agents). We found both our 2 rentals via our realtor as people were very keen to get tenants into empty houses they could not sell to offset their mortgage payments.
Cheers, will try that too.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 12:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You don't say if you've got kids, but if you do, what street the house in will determine which school they'll go to, so if that's a concern, it'll certainly help with recommendations.

Apart from craigslist and realtors (though ask employer for recommendations as some can be right rubbish especially with rentals and factor in anything from 1-3 months as a realtor fee), also town libraries probably have notice boards and if you gave them a call they might have some local contacts they could pass on.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:18 am
glc
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
You don't say if you've got kids, but if you do, what street the house in will determine which school they'll go to, so if that's a concern, it'll certainly help with recommendations.

Apart from craigslist and realtors (though ask employer for recommendations as some can be right rubbish especially with rentals and factor in anything from 1-3 months as a realtor fee), also town libraries probably have notice boards and if you gave them a call they might have some local contacts they could pass on.
Thanks all for your advice, really helpful. I have 2 childen, one is 7 and one is 3. I know my 3 yr old wont be in school until he is 5 but would like to find out places to take him to meet other children.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 1:57 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

You should ask on city data, the relocation board

http://www.city-data.com/forum/indiana/

You'll get more replies from locals on where to find stuff and areas to avoid.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glc
...I know my 3 yr old wont be in school until he is 5 but would like to find out places to take him to meet other children.
You might find childcare expensive...might not, does vary a lot around the country, down my way it's $1200-1500 a month full time all day, where we were living in the burbs of Boston that would get you 3 half days a week but up in Maine, full time can cost $400 a month.

But places to go, check out the local mall, they might do free kids events and also the local library might have story time and craft events as well as Borders and other book shops doing weekly story time events.