Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Home swapping in the USA

Home swapping in the USA

Old Oct 26th 2003, 11:54 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future
Default Home swapping in the USA

Hey chaps and chapettes

Recently Ive been watching loads of programmes to do with home decorating, holiday homes and home swap holidays (in the Uk still).......

It got to me thinking.....

Who'd be prepared to do a home swap, say for a month?

Would you only do it with ex-pats on this forum, thus swapping states?

Would you be prepared to let non-expats swap homes in different countries?

If it was intercontinental, where would you go?

To answer my own post...

1) yes- id do it
2) Id do it with expats and see other states
3) Id possibly be prepared to swap homes with other non expats people
4)hmmmmm- maybe Australia

Lee
Old Oct 27th 2003, 6:39 pm
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

Does it include wife-swapping too?
Old Oct 28th 2003, 11:20 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Ill let u know in a few years Julian!

Im surprised actually this post hasnt gained more interest!?

Maybe I should just go back to my burrow!
Old Oct 28th 2003, 11:48 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I thought about doing it, as our house is in Florida. Thought we'd have a good chance of finding someone in the area we want to go to who'd like a stay in Florida. Problem is the husband doesn't like the idea of letting strangers in the house, even after telling him of the spondolies we could save in hotel costs. So that's the end of that.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 12:07 pm
Wabbit Lord

Do u reckon he would be more keen if it was your cool buddies from the expats group who were interested?!!!!!!!
Old Oct 28th 2003, 12:31 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by waxwabbit
Do u reckon he would be more keen if it was your cool buddies from the expats group who were interested?!!!!!!!
It's a "no go area", especially if I mention you lot!
Old Oct 31st 2003, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Don't know about swapping, but I would be willing to loan my house out for 6 weeks while in OZ - catch you gotta look after my animals and leave a safety deposit

Last edited by suebo; Nov 1st 2003 at 3:28 am.