Reload this Page >

brazilian girlfriend

brazilian girlfriend

Old Oct 31st 2003, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

bob dylan fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brazilian girlfriend

Please can you help me?

I have booked, and paid for my Disney vacation. And i am having problems with my girlfriend obtaining a visa.

She is brazilian born, working in Portugal, and now spending time with me in England (UK). We are engaged, and hoped to celebrate with this vacation.

She applied with the US embassy in London for a visa by telephone and rejected, and was then advised to travel to Lisbon (Portugal) and apply there, as she has worked in Portugal for three years.

She is now in Lisbon, and has been rejected again, as her ties to Portugal are not strong enough with living and working there for only three years.

Please can anyone advise me on how to tackle this problem. I have booked my vacation, we are meeting my son, daughter in law and grandson at Disney for Christmas.

PLEASE RESPOND, PLEASE HELP

Thank you
Old Oct 31st 2003, 2:14 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brazilian girlfriend

Originally posted by bob dylan fan
Please can you help me?

I have booked, and paid for my Disney vacation. And i am having problems with my girlfriend obtaining a visa.

She is brazilian born, working in Portugal, and now spending time with me in England (UK). We are engaged, and hoped to celebrate with this vacation.

She applied with the US embassy in London for a visa by telephone and rejected, and was then advised to travel to Lisbon (Portugal) and apply there, as she has worked in Portugal for three years.

She is now in Lisbon, and has been rejected again, as her ties to Portugal are not strong enough with living and working there for only three years.

Please can anyone advise me on how to tackle this problem. I have booked my vacation, we are meeting my son, daughter in law and grandson at Disney for Christmas.

Thank you

OK, this is not an expert opinion, it is just an idea. Ask the U.S. Embassy officials what she needs to produce to prove that she is not planning to stay in the U.S. It might be hard if she is single with no strong roots anywhere, on top of the fact that the U.S. is especially neurotic regarding the issuing of visas to people from Mexico on south.

Also, post this on the U.S. Visa board if you haven't already.

(Disclaimer - not a lawyer, don't even know any lawyers, can't afford to pay a lawyer, etc.)
Old Oct 31st 2003, 3:30 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Please can you help me?

Thank you
Try posting on the US Visas forum. Your question is more appropriate there.

NC Penguin
Old Oct 31st 2003, 4:33 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what the problem is...if it's a vacation then why does she need a visa? A plane ticket will allow her to stay about 3 months.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 5:00 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

I have a Brazilian girlfriend and she says that Brazilians are entitled to have Portuguese (EEC) passports.

It might be worthwhile checking this with the Brazilian Embassy in Lisbon or the Portuguese Foreign Office (or Home Office???).

If she has an EEC passport she should have no problems going to the US.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

dylan&helen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Englishmum
I have a Brazilian girlfriend and she says that Brazilians are entitled to have Portuguese (EEC) passports.

It might be worthwhile checking this with the Brazilian Embassy in Lisbon or the Portuguese Foreign Office (or Home Office???).

If she has an EEC passport she should have no problems going to the US.
appreciate the advice (bob dylan fan is my dad by the way)

she has got a brazilian passport, at the moment, and they planned on going to the US this christmas.

Any ideas

Thank you
Old Oct 31st 2003, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

braddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Please can you help me?

Thank you
Why dont you just contact the Brazilian Embassy in Miami Florida. My daughter is the holder of a US and Brazilian passport (though strangely not UK yet!!). It should be easy enough to get her a visa you just have to pay for it that's all. Email me if you want any further help I live in FL. Thanks Joan [email protected]