Reload this Page >

HOA wont show the CCR & minutes

HOA wont show the CCR & minutes

Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HOA wont show the CCR & minutes

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
This is exactly why I will not live in any neighborhood with an HOA. I will not give any of my profit from a house sale to anyone but me (or a realtor). They take too much of your money, and you get no benefit (in my experience). No one will tell me how high my flagpole can be, the max height of my grass, what type of mailbox I can have, or what colors I'm allowed to paint my house. I can't stand the "Cloneville" neighborhoods where everybody's house looks like everyone else's because they have to conform to stupid set of rules. It's a given that you can't create health hazards, and need to follow city and state regulations, but the city doesn't care what color I paint my house or that my mailbox matches everyone else's.
but you don't give them anything at closing not unless you are behind with your dues......and you do get benefits, one tends to live in a tidier/cleaner less crapsville neighbourhood. i'm not a natzi lover by any means but over the yrs living here i can see the advantages. besides one gets the chance to view the natzi's rules and regs prior to closing and if one doesn't like the rules then don't buy, simple as that. works for me
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
but you don't give them anything at closing not unless you are behind with your dues......and you do get benefits, one tends to live in a tidier/cleaner less crapsville neighbourhood. i'm not a natzi lover by any means but over the yrs living here i can see the advantages. besides one gets the chance to view the natzi's rules and regs prior to closing and if one doesn't like the rules then don't buy, simple as that. works for me
Exactly. If there are shared amenities, then you need an hoa (or equivalent) to maintain and provide services. Mine provides elevators, nightime security guard, hot water, garbage collection, underground parking garage, building insurance, lighting and maintenance of common areas etc etc. Without an hoa the building simply wouldn't function. Read the cc&r's and hoa minutes with a toothcomb before you purchase and you will most likely avoid the nazi-type hoas. The minutes tend to be especially revealing.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
. Read the cc&r's and hoa minutes with a toothcomb before you purchase and you will most likely avoid the nazi-type hoas. The minutes tend to be especially revealing.

don't worry we do
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:59 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g1ant
slightly off-topic but still about HOAs. We had one "can pay but won't" homeowner who the HOA got a court judgment against but still couldn't collect. He sold his house this week and the HOA snagged almost $4000 from his sale price at closing. I'd love to have seen his face when he saw his closing statement.
many are having issues with the bankowned right now too... not so much about collecting dues etc but banks are dancing around of getting things done about maint. upkeeps etc.... then they (banks) also try to get the buyer to pay for it in the end.... (ok peeps, lets refrain from 'well, they are b/c the buyer is the one who brings the money yadda yadda).

I can think of a way to maybe get the bank to take care of a few hoa things but no gaurantee they will do it or agree to it.