Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hi from Buckeye, AZ,

Hi from Buckeye, AZ,

Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Buckeye, AZ,

Welcome to BE!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:52 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
To be honest Anabella I think it's much worse when you have kids, they dont really understand why Daddy's not around, and my heart use to break for my Son asking for his Dad so much, the worse question of all was dose Daddy still love me Mummy, I could not tell his Daddy this because I knew it would break him.

I know what you mean, it must be heart breaking to have your kids asking you those questions.. But I think I'd feel better if I had their company than if I was completely on my own..
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:14 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and Welcome
Old Jan 5th 2007, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
Hello and Welcome
Welcome! We're all very friendly, so stick around!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Vixen28AZ is just really niceVixen28AZ is just really niceVixen28AZ is just really niceVixen28AZ is just really niceVixen28AZ is just really niceVixen28AZ is just really niceVixen28AZ is just really niceVixen28AZ is just really nice

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome And im up early this morning as I've just seen him off to the airport

Put on the brave face for him the *I'll be fine don't worry* and I'm sure i will be fine its just the thought more so thats scary. Until I have to drive somewhere though :P thats the part i don't like as i know I'll get lost.

Already managed to get lost coming home on one of my outings alone

But thanks again for the warm welcome and i bet i will probably be browsing round here quite often
Old Jan 5th 2007, 3:07 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vixen28AZ
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome And im up early this morning as I've just seen him off to the airport

Put on the brave face for him the *I'll be fine don't worry* and I'm sure i will be fine its just the thought more so thats scary. Until I have to drive somewhere though :P thats the part i don't like as i know I'll get lost.

But thanks again for the warm welcome and i bet i will probably be browsing round here quite often
Learn how the grid system works in the Valley and you'll find navigation very easy. For example, the zero mark in Phoenix is Washington and Central, avenues run west and streets run east. Those little numbers on the street signs (e.g. 5600 W, 2900 S) are your clue as to where you are! Alternatively, there's a recent GPS thread....
Old Jan 5th 2007, 5:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to BE
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:06 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I'm nichola and I'm 28. I was introduced to these forums by Partystar (thanks for that ).

I have recently moved over to arizona with my husband whos USAF and am now feeling lost over here.

We have been married for 6 years and have 3 children 2 boys aged 3 and 9 and 1 girl aged 5.

So far im enjoying the time over here but we will see how i feel come tomorrow, as my husband is going to korea for a year (got to love the timing on that one).

I'm already missing the simple stuff from england such as Bisto

Think that covers the basic me

Greetings from someone who was in a very similar situation to you 16 years ago!
My husband was active duty USAF at the time and we got orders to Luke after only being married for a couple of months. About 3 months after arriving in sunny Phoenix my hubby got sent to Panama for 3 months. We didn't have kids at the time but I was in the same boat with hardly knowing anyone. My saving grace was a couple that we had met about a month before (Americans) who got me through it and the fact that I had a full time job which took up a lot of my time.

Don't worry. I know that 1 yr seems like eternity but if you immerse yourself in your day to day life, make as many friends as possible and spend time with them, the time will fly by. You already have a head start with meeting Partystar and she in turn I'm sure will have other friends that you can meet. Before you know it you'll know so many people you'll really start to feel like you fit in.

Luke is a lovely base with lots of amenities and lots to do in the area. Enjoy!

P.s Where were you in the UK?
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:10 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Learn how the grid system works in the Valley and you'll find navigation very easy. For example, the zero mark in Phoenix is Washington and Central, avenues run west and streets run east. Those little numbers on the street signs (e.g. 5600 W, 2900 S) are your clue as to where you are! Alternatively, there's a recent GPS thread....

You're right. Phoenix is incredibly easy to get around becasue it's on a grid system. As long as you know the basics (like where your zero point is) then you will be fine. If you want to head towards the base, head up through the avenues, if you want to head downtown or further east then go down them.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:20 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya and welcome....we passed through AZ last weekend and i noticed a sign to buckeye, i always notice the somewhat zany names over here.

i used to get lost and not drive too far when my hubs was away but now i have this brill gadget called a Garmin Nuvi and it might help you find your way about plus the Garmin is so user friendly.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:28 pm
Blondie22

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hiya and welcome....we passed through AZ last weekend and i noticed a sign to buckeye, i always notice the somewhat zany names over here.

i used to get lost and not drive too far when my hubs was away but now i have this brill gadget called a Garmin Nuvi and it might help you find your way about plus the Garmin is so user friendly.

I was in Eckerds pharmacy the other day and the girl on the till's name was bucktooth! She was of native American origin so that makes more sense than if she had been from Hackney!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by blaze
I was in Eckerds pharmacy the other day and the girl on the till's name was bucktooth! She was of native American origin so that makes more sense than if she had been from Hackney!

and was she you know bucktooth
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:38 pm
Blondie22

Originally Posted by TruBrit
and was she you know bucktooth

Not that I noticed!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by blaze
Not that I noticed!
Old Jan 6th 2007, 5:56 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Hi Nicola and welcome to BE.. Korea for a year? That's gonna be tough .. At least you have children so you won't be on your own.. and you have Partystar and us too..
Yeah, I'll help you stay sane...is an insane person capable of that?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.