Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help understanding time zones.

Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:20 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help understanding time zones.

Originally Posted by snowbunny
We do have part of that problem. It's a bloody mess and a nuisance and should be done away with. It does NOT save energy. Farmers hate it. There's absolutely no financial or logistical support for it, yet we cling to an anachronism. If I want one to cling to, it'd be one employer for life and a gold watch after 30 years, not bloody daylight savings time.
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/54363
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:50 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Time zone, we're in a time zone, we're in a time zone, we're in a time zo-one.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 12:02 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
I happen to like daylight savings time, although it doesn't save much of anything. I'd hate to get rid of it.
Remind me where you live?

It makes absolutely no sense in a hot climate. It's a nightmare.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 12:55 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Remind me where you live?

It makes absolutely no sense in a hot climate. It's a nightmare.
You can't get rid of it - it's a handy reminder to change the batteries in the smoke detectors (change them at the same time as going round the house changing clocks). Now, I'm sure you wouldn't want to be responsible for someone forgetting and then dying in a fire because of it.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 1:01 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mark_sheffield

Hi everyone,

I need to make a call to LA.

I need to rind at 11:30AM LA time.

I am struggling to understand the time difference.

Are they 8 hours behind us or 7 with day light savings time?

This site doesn't help:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=137

Does anyone know what time I will need to call from the UK to get through at 11:30AM LA time.

Many Thanks

That site was alright.... just use the Time Zone Converter section and plug in todays day 11.30am and LA then underneath put it in UK http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...&p1=137&p2=136
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:51 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
You can't get rid of it - it's a handy reminder to change the batteries in the smoke detectors (change them at the same time as going round the house changing clocks). Now, I'm sure you wouldn't want to be responsible for someone forgetting and then dying in a fire because of it.
You mean I can't just ask the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus to do it?
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:57 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

You mean I can't just ask the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus to do it?
I wouldn't want them going round my whole house; they have designated areas. Plus, do I have to ask for new batteries from them each year; what if I want something different?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:33 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by neil
I wouldn't want them going round my whole house; they have designated areas. Plus, do I have to ask for new batteries from them each year; what if I want something different?
You could ask Easter to send round his cousin Energizer.