Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help Please!!

Help Please!!

Old Jul 29th 2004, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help Please!!

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how I could find a man by the name of Russ Barber who used to fly british tornado's. A friend of mine has asked me for my help in locating him if possible. He flew for a squadron whose logo was an elephant!! That later cahnged to a fox. He was born in 1959 in England, she believes that he was due to retire in around 1986 and wanted to fly commercially from somewhere mid west chicago.
Anyone got any ideas please???
Old Jul 29th 2004, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help Please!!

Originally posted by Mad Max7
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how I could find a man by the name of Russ Barber who used to fly british tornado's. A friend of mine has asked me for my help in locating him if possible. He flew for a squadron whose logo was an elephant!! That later cahnged to a fox. He was born in 1959 in England, she believes that he was due to retire in around 1986 and wanted to fly commercially from somewhere mid west chicago.
Try friends reunited, or one of the RAF search sites on the web.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

datcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by effi
Try friends reunited, or one of the RAF search sites on the web.
A good site for tracking people down (and ahem, other reasons) is

http://www.knowx.com

Costs a couple of quid but can help where other sites cannot.

Cheers,
David.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:49 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

I have my anorak on so I can tell you that the elephant logo belonged to 27 Sqn. They flew the Tornado from RAF Marham between May 1983 and September 1993.

27 Sqn disbanded and reformed as 12 Sqn (with the fox logo), moving to RAF Lossiemouth in January 1994. They still fly the Tornado.

A couple of other websites you could try are www.servicepals.com or militaryfriendsreunited.co.uk
Old Jul 30th 2004, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for yr helpful replies, I will check them out later 2 day when I return from work (ugh!!!!)
Old Aug 1st 2004, 2:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for yr helpful replies, I will check them out later 2 day when I return from work (ugh!!!!)
There is a Russ Barber on www.friendsreunited.co.uk, who left high school in 1978, which would mean he was born in 1959/60 (assuming he was 18 when he left high school), maybe that is the guy you are looking for?
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Many thanks, I will pass the info on to my friend who is looking for him!!