Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

HELP NEEDED! Not sure if this is the right place but...

HELP NEEDED! Not sure if this is the right place but...

Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Lezenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP NEEDED! Not sure if this is the right place but...

Here's the situation.

My grandfather, moved to the us in the 1960's. and as far as i know he still lives out there. Now, I have tried multiple searches through the whitepages and lets face it, theres alot of names and international calls are not cheap.

So basiccly what I want to know is, is there anyway the embassy could help at all? US or British? and what would you to find him?

im 19 and I want to find him.

Also if he lives over in america, does that make me eligible for a visa?

All opinions and replies are welcome and appreciated.

I apologise if this isnt the right place but I am trying my best to every extreme.

Kind regards.

Lucas
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:25 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP NEEDED! Not sure if this is the right place but...

[Do you know the State he is in ......

He will be of no help for a visa ...
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

nope, not a clue, like i said he immigrated there in the 1960's. aparently he got married and had two children(my uncles). I dont know his wife, or his kids name. or even if he's still married.

Its like finding a needle in a haystack, but family is family, and ill go to any length.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:33 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lezenko
Here's the situation.

My grandfather, moved to the us in the 1960's. and as far as i know he still lives out there. Now, I have tried multiple searches through the whitepages and lets face it, theres alot of names and international calls are not cheap.

So basiccly what I want to know is, is there anyway the embassy could help at all? US or British? and what would you to find him?

im 19 and I want to find him.

Also if he lives over in america, does that make me eligible for a visa?

All opinions and replies are welcome and appreciated.

I apologise if this isnt the right place but I am trying my best to every extreme.

Kind regards.

Lucas
... and your parent, his son/daughter, doesn't know where his/her parent lives?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

No, my mum was only three, and my grandmother didnt know where abouts in america he went. dysfunctional family unfortunatly.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

nope, not a clue, like i said he immigrated there in the 1960's. aparently he got married and had two children(my uncles). I dont know his wife, or his kids name. or even if he's still married.

Its like finding a needle in a haystack, but family is family, and ill go to any length.
The embassies will only tell you to go to a tracing agencies of which there are 1000s here ... but will cost ...

Does he have an usual name ..or do you know who he was employed by ..
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:39 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

No, my mum was only three, and my grandmother didnt know where abouts in america he went. dysfunctional family unfortunatly.
Presumably you've tried to google for his name...
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

The embassies will only tell you to go to a tracing agencies of which there are 1000s here ... but will cost ...

Does he have an usual name ..or do you know who he was employed by

His name is full name is Brian r, marlow. But im not even sure if thats how his first name is spelt, its the most common way so I assume so.

Is there any way to find him manually without tracing companies?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Elvira
Presumably you've tried to google for his name...
cant say I have. tried the white pages though, dont know alot about them... dont even know if they are kept up to date.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:51 pm
Ray

Does he have an usual name ..or do you know who he was employed by

His name is full name is Brian r, marlow. But im not even sure if thats how his first name is spelt, its the most common way so I assume so.

Is there any way to find him manually without tracing companies?
Not really ..youwill need to find his full name and date of birth first though
that may help
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

I think I have his full name, as for date of birth I can only get the year.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:01 pm
Ray

I think I have his full name, as for date of birth I can only get the year.
As a relative it may be on your mums birth certiicate
or you should be able to get his birth certiicate ...
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/re...ee/index.asp#0
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:30 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

There are public records search firms that will do it for a small fee online. Start at some place like http://www.switchboard.com/ doing a phone search and there are plenty of options / ads for additional searches.

You really need a state though. No government agency / entity will be able to help you basically.