Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Aussie interest rates rising again,and again...

Aussie interest rates rising again,and again...

Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:10 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aussie interest rates rising again,and again...

Well, todays interest rate hike will be the THIRD one since we arrived here in Melbourne in April 2007.
There is virtually NO WAY we could afford to buy a house here now and we came out with what we believed was a decent deposit!
I feel sorry for people moving out here who think they'll be able to buy a huge house and live the dream as easily.
House prices are continuing to rise despite the rate increase,demand is high and supply is low and if you plan to rent - the rent will be going up as well.
All makes for not so cheeery reading I know , but it's reality out here I'm afraid. ( unless of course you want to live miles from anywhere or far out from the hub of things, THEN you can get an affordable house easily, but most people need to be within travelling distance to get to work here )

It sucks.

*pearly*
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:16 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie interest rates rising again,and again...

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Well, todays interest rate hike will be the THIRD one since we arrived here in Melbourne in April 2007.
There is virtually NO WAY we could afford to buy a house here now and we came out with what we believed was a decent deposit!
I feel sorry for people moving out here who think they'll be able to buy a huge house and live the dream as easily.
House prices are continuing to rise despite the rate increase,demand is high and supply is low and if you plan to rent - the rent will be going up as well.
All makes for not so cheeery reading I know , but it's reality out here I'm afraid. ( unless of course you want to live miles from anywhere or far out from the hub of things, THEN you can get an affordable house easily, but most people need to be within travelling distance to get to work here )

It sucks.

*pearly*
Don't forget petrol prices ...
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:31 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Yeah, don't get me started on that either! HMPH!!!!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:34 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, don't get me started on that either! HMPH!!!!
Tipped to go as high as $1.75 next week
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:39 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Thats why I went out and filled my lawn mower this week.

What are they now in the UK?

Originally Posted by crystal23
Tipped to go as high as $1.75 next week
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by themerlin
Thats why I went out and filled my lawn mower this week.

What are they now in the UK?
They are things that you cut the grass with
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:44 am
shoot from the hip,baby

They are things that you cut the grass with
stop it!

I'm trying to have a decent moan on here and your spoiling it for me and ruining everything.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:46 am

stop it!

I'm trying to have a decent moan on here and your spoiling it for me and ruining everything.
Sorry, how about the size of $2 coins and/or the quality of clothes from Target?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:12 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

It sucks.

*pearly*
Fear not Pearly

Follow me and Rabsody. Wait for the share prices to crumble and put all ya dosh into bargain discounted shares You might afford a house outright once they all stop kacking their pants and the values go back up
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:44 am
shoot from the hip,baby

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Fear not Pearly

Follow me and Rabsody. Wait for the share prices to crumble and put all ya dosh into bargain discounted shares You might afford a house outright once they all stop kacking their pants and the values go back up

Ok. I'm very easily led, you know.
Sounds like a good move.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:55 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Well that's going to put the bloody house prices down the pan even more

There's another rise in June too supposedly.

We're all doomed....
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

For once in my life I love the fact that interest rates are rising. Now we are mortgage free self funded retirees the news is excellent for us (not to mention driving less and in a really economical car!). But, having been where you all are now in the days of HIGH interest rates my sympathies with everyone who wants to get on the property ladder! (And stay on it!)
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:53 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

You mean the 'how many fluctuations can we have for a litre of petrol in 1 week, every week?'

The weekly petrol cycle, you just have to love it!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:01 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KLF
You mean the 'how many fluctuations can we have for a litre of petrol in 1 week, every week?'

The weekly petrol cycle, you just have to love it!
Up and down more than Paris Hiltons knickers
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:04 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Up and down more than Paris Hiltons knickers
Well I wouldn't say that often.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.