Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help All Bri|tish Texans Sos!!!

Help All Bri|tish Texans Sos!!!

Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:13 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help All Bri|tish Texans Sos!!!

Originally posted by LAL
We are in Texas (houston at the mo) but we'll be travelling around for the next couple of weeks and the baby has drank all her Ribena YIKES!!!:scared: We have tried with just water, but she doesn't drink half quarter what she should ( I could kill my mother for flavouring her water now!!!), we found some Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant at an outrageous price in Publix supermarket chain in Florida but I cant seem find any in Texas!!! AGGGHHHH!! Any suggestions for replacement drinks or sightings of ribena or robinsons blackcurrant in texan supermarkets would be greatly appreciated to quench the thirst of a soon to be dehydrated 18 month old scumbag!!!At the mo we are trying her with hawaiian punch the kiwi and strawberry flavour she seems to like it but it is very green and I am worried about additives and hyperactivity for an already hyperactive child!!!
Cheers

LAL and Nellie the ribena guzzler XXXX
I can remember a night that my sons favourite bottle cracked. I couldn't convice him to try a different one, his whole world fell apart.

If you can't find Ribena I'd suggest diluted grape. But I do feel for you... when they want something unusual there's not much you can do but wait it out.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:17 pm

Originally posted by g1ant
Wow, who pissed on your parade?????

I gave a simple piece of advice from someone who has seen first hand the damage that Ribena Toothkind can do to children's teeth. I don't see where that amounts to major critisism. It was simple advice. Advice which I still stand by. Water is better for kids than Ribena. No doubt about that.

Of course, you know best. Its nice to see responsible parents getting their kids used to Aspartame and Acesulfame K at such an early age.

So far you have produced a child who is addicted to Ribena and Weetabix. Good job. and with regard to your last comment I would refer you to the reply given earlier by my honourable friend the Vice President of the United States.

What did your parents put in your bottle?
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:54 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
What did your parents put in your bottle?
I'm 49 and still have all my own teeth, so it's a fair bet that it wasn't Ribena.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

kazzyuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default robinson fruit cordial

I think I saw robinson brand in Randalls store.
Hope this helps
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in Houston see if you can find Rice Village. There is a Brit Store there called The British Isles and you will find Ribena and all other supplies you may need, it will probably be more expencive than you imagined but to have a content child on your travels is probably more important than cost, hope this helps.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 2:21 pm

I'm 49 and still have all my own teeth, so it's a fair bet that it wasn't Ribena.

Glad to hear you haven't lost those, shame you never developed social skills though isn't it!
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:10 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of
Default Ribena

Thanks for all of your suggestions they have helped greatly, we are kicking ourselves about the Westheimer store as we were staying beside there.....
We are in Corpus Christi for a couple of days then we are heading to San Antonio, so we will keep our eyes peeled (Ouch!!) for one of these stores and hopefully find something to increase what she is drinking, it's not like she won't drink water it's just she will only drink the bare minimum and 200 mls a day just isn't enough for my liking.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:20 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help All British Texans Sos!!!

Glad to hear you haven't lost those, shame you never developed social skills though isn't it!
I think I'm right in saying that I've never been abusive to anyone who wasn't abusive to me first.

If someone throws crap at me, I throw it back. That's life in the city I'm afraid.

Have a nice day.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 4:41 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ribena

Originally posted by LAL
Thanks for all of your suggestions they have helped greatly, we are kicking ourselves about the Westheimer store as we were staying beside there.....
We are in Corpus Christi for a couple of days then we are heading to San Antonio, so we will keep our eyes peeled (Ouch!!) for one of these stores and hopefully find something to increase what she is drinking, it's not like she won't drink water it's just she will only drink the bare minimum and 200 mls a day just isn't enough for my liking.

LAL,

There is a British shop in San Antonio called "British Sensations" and I know I have seen Ribena there before. The shop is located in the northeast side of S.A. at 4169 Naco-Perrin.

Hope this helps!

Sara
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 4:48 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

What he said may not be PC but its damn well true....
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:58 pm

Wow, who pissed on your parade?????

I gave a simple piece of advice from someone who has seen first hand the damage that Ribena Toothkind can do to children's teeth. I don't see where that amounts to major critisism. It was simple advice. Advice which I still stand by. Water is better for kids than Ribena. No doubt about that.

Of course, you know best. Its nice to see responsible parents getting their kids used to Aspartame and Acesulfame K at such an early age.

So far you have produced a child who is addicted to Ribena and Weetabix. Good job.

Who on earth do you think you are to accuse anyone of not being a responsible parent?

Don't try to act innocent with me... it is plain and obvious what you meant here! Act all clueless till the cows come home if you like, this was rude and I'm calling you on it!

There are parents doing a lot worse in this world than going to the extreme of asking for a little help on our board. To me LAL is evidently a very caring and loving Mum!
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:59 pm

Originally posted by ray6
What he said may not be PC but its damn well true....
Her child is addicted to Ribena and Weetabix?
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Her child is addicted to Ribena and Weetabix?
Is that good then...
http://www.which.net/media/pr/mar00/which/drinks.html
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

There are parents doing a lot worse in this world than going to the extreme of asking for a little help on our board. To me LAL is evidently a very caring and loving Mum!
Perhaps this is why you don't find parents, or anyone else for that matter, that want to ask just a normal "help" question. After reading a lot of the replies I think most people would be worried they'd get flamed big time.

Personally I've asked a few questions on this forum and had a few decent replies. I appreciate it. But, for the most part this is all pretty non helpful stuff. On the other side of the coin, a lot of its funny and I usually get a big laugh reading a lot of the messages.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 10:24 pm
Country Member

Default Re: Help All British Texans SOS!!!

Don't try to act innocent with me... it is plain and obvious what you meant here! Act all clueless till the cows come home if you like, this was rude and I'm calling you on it!
I didn't start throwing insults. I just retaliated.

I stand by my first comment. If you can't get Ribena then it is a good time to get the kid back onto drinking plain water.

It was never meant to be critical. I actually thought I was being helpful, but all I got in reply was a torent of abuse.

And I know that I'm short on social skills. That's why I moved to Texas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.