Old Nov 16th 2001, 9:24 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2
britishguytous is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently a British male going thru a divorce. I have a teenage son. On the completition of my divorce I want to move to US to marry a lady who I have met.

Can anyone help with the following:

Obviously I will be paying maintenance for my son what is the siutation there does this stop me leaving the country?

Also my future wife is working in the States so can't really come here for any length of time to marry and then we both go down the route of going back to States, if we marrried in UK how long would we need to reside here before applying to go to US?

If we married in US whats the best route, marry and apply or fiance approach?

Also if we are married whilst waiting to apply for residency can I (a) stay there in US (b) seek work or does she have to support me.

Any help would be gratefully received

Thank you
britishguytous is offline  
Old Nov 16th 2001, 10:31 am
Posts: n/a



Go and read every word of this site. When you have done this, read it again. Then
come back and ask questions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.