British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   hello there! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hello-there-407663/)

britpunk101 Nov 12th 2006 1:01 pm

hello there!

hiya my name is kay, i am 20yrs old and looking to move across the pond for university. is there anyone here who studies at western washington university in Bellingham, WA? if so, i would love to know more about the town and what there is to do there?

i also need info about all the laws etc like how i go about getting my visas etc...

thanks! :D

Manc Nov 12th 2006 1:02 pm

Re: hello there!

Originally Posted by britpunk101
hiya my name is kay, i am 20yrs old and looking to move across the pond for university. is there anyone here who studies at western washington university in Bellingham, WA? if so, i would love to know more about the town and what there is to do there?

i also need info about all the laws etc like how i go about getting my visas etc...

John Moores not good enough for you then?

britpunk101 Nov 12th 2006 1:05 pm

i hate this country, need a new direction in life so i thought hell why not just go to another country?

been to uni in this country and hated it.. wanna experience a different education system

Manc Nov 12th 2006 1:06 pm

i hate this country, need a new direction in life so i thought hell why not just go to another country?

been to uni in this country and hated it.. wanna experience a different education system

One that can teach punctuation no doubt.

welcome to BE, I am just f--king with you.

britpunk101 Nov 12th 2006 1:08 pm

yeah thanks for the warm welcome :rolleyes:

i've been interested in going to university in America for a long time. just finishing re-sitting my A Levels so i can get in :)

Manc Nov 12th 2006 1:11 pm

just finishing re-sitting my A Levels so i can get in :)

How much money do you have?

britpunk101 Nov 12th 2006 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
How much money do you have?

why?

scatty Nov 12th 2006 1:36 pm

why?

Because the fees will be approx $20,000.00 pa, then you had to pay for accomodation and food medical insurance

There is only a small amount of work allowed on a student visa

So hope your parents are rich

britpunk101 Nov 12th 2006 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by scatty
Because the fees will be approx $20,000.00 pa, then you had to pay for accomodation and food medical insurance

There is only a small amount of work allowed on a student visa

So hope your parents are rich

i know it'll cost a lot.. my parents aren't rich, nowhere near :(

i have one thing sorted, i'm living with a friend :D

Ray Nov 12th 2006 1:53 pm

why?

Ah ..the innocence of youth .........

britpunk101 Nov 12th 2006 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Ah ..the innocence of youth .........

either way i have 2yrs to save before i leave... still re-sitting my a levels

Ray Nov 12th 2006 2:16 pm

either way i have 2yrs to save before i leave... still re-sitting my a levels

The thing to remember in the US ..is nothing is free ...what you are used to getting for nothing won't happen here...

Elvira Nov 12th 2006 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
The thing to remember in the US ..is nothing is free ...what you are used to getting for nothing won't happen here...

And you pay for INCOMING calls on your cell... :scared: :D

Rushman Nov 12th 2006 4:15 pm

Not another f**king student!!!! :rolleyes:

britpunk101 Nov 12th 2006 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ray

i dont get anything for free here... but medical insurance isnt a must in our country, so thats gonna be weird gettin used to