Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hello and thanks for the help

Hello and thanks for the help

Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

CKM8 will become famous soon enoughCKM8 will become famous soon enough
Smile Hello and thanks for the help

Hello everyone, thanks for the help the other day. I am from the midlands living in LA, are there any other fellow midlanders here?

Last edited by CKM8; Jul 19th 2005 at 5:27 pm. Reason: extra
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello and thanks for the help

Originally Posted by CKM8
Hello everyone, thanks for the help the other day. I am from the midlands living in LA, are there any other fellow midlanders here?

YES and welcome !!! there are a few of us ...me from Aston , Tom (Lionheart) from Spark Hill and California Bride from (I think) West Bromich - where are you in LA and where you from ????
Old Jul 19th 2005, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Eskimo
YES and welcome !!! there are a few of us ...me from Aston , Tom (Lionheart) from Spark Hill and California Bride from (I think) West Bromich - where are you in LA and where you from ????
Thanks pleased to meet you..I live westside..born in Handsworth then moved out to a village near Atherstone. I was working with someone recently from Newtown(Summer Lane area)...
Old Jul 19th 2005, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

Thanks pleased to meet you..I live westside..born in Handsworth then moved out to a village near Atherstone. I was working with someone recently from Newtown(Summer Lane area)...

where westside ? at the beach ? we are east LA county (Claremont) I used to work in Atherstone on and off - are you here for work ? marriage ? USC partner ?
Old Jul 19th 2005, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

where westside ? at the beach ? we are east LA county (Claremont) I used to work in Atherstone on and off - are you here for work ? marriage ? USC partner ?
near Westwood. My wife is American. Do you know Polesworth. near Atherstone?
Old Jul 19th 2005, 7:41 pm
Account Closed

near Westwood. My wife is American. Do you know Polesworth. near Atherstone?
near UCLA ?

yeah I know polesworth off the M42 - how long you been here ?
Old Jul 19th 2005, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

near UCLA ?

yeah I know polesworth off the M42 - how long you been here ?
Not sure, I don't know the area that well yet. Came out here about 6 months ago. You know where Polesworth is, not many people here have even heard of Birmingham...let alone Polesworth. How long have you been here?
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

Not sure, I don't know the area that well yet. Came out here about 6 months ago. You know where Polesworth is, not many people here have even heard of Birmingham...let alone Polesworth. How long have you been here?

I used to get off the M42 at Polesworth .. we've (me wife and kids) have been here just over a year , permanent company move.. :scared:
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:27 pm
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute

too bloody manytt people from the midlands here :P

used to live in Nuneaton, now Maine.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Lived in Nuneaton for 44 yrs.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tony126
Lived in Nuneaton for 44 yrs.
hence the move
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

hence the move
I know what you mean. I worked for an American Co, privatelly owned, offered to finish my last 12 months on this side of the water. That happened plus having been divorced for 24 yrs I ended up falling in love and married the lady just over 3 yrs ago so I am now a legal alien with my GC (obtained this yr)
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tony126
I know what you mean. I worked for an American Co, privatelly owned, offered to finish my last 12 months on this side of the water. That happened plus having been divorced for 24 yrs I ended up falling in love and married the lady just over 3 yrs ago so I am now a legal alien with my GC (obtained this yr)

all good things come to those who wait
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

all good things come to those who wait
Absolutely spot on.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:52 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

CKM8 - what ever you do, don't get in with that Eskimo bloke - you'll end up naked awaiting a liver transplant.
My friend lives near Atherstone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.