British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Hello and thanks for the help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hello-thanks-help-314812/)

CKM8 Jul 19th 2005 5:25 pm

Hello and thanks for the help

Hello everyone, thanks for the help the other day. I am from the midlands living in LA, are there any other fellow midlanders here?

Eskimo Jul 19th 2005 5:44 pm

Re: Hello and thanks for the help

Originally Posted by CKM8
Hello everyone, thanks for the help the other day. I am from the midlands living in LA, are there any other fellow midlanders here?

YES and welcome !!! there are a few of us ...me from Aston , Tom (Lionheart) from Spark Hill and California Bride from (I think) West Bromich - where are you in LA and where you from ????

CKM8 Jul 19th 2005 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Eskimo
YES and welcome !!! there are a few of us ...me from Aston , Tom (Lionheart) from Spark Hill and California Bride from (I think) West Bromich - where are you in LA and where you from ????

Thanks pleased to meet you..I live westside..born in Handsworth then moved out to a village near Atherstone. I was working with someone recently from Newtown(Summer Lane area)...

Eskimo Jul 19th 2005 7:09 pm

Thanks pleased to meet you..I live westside..born in Handsworth then moved out to a village near Atherstone. I was working with someone recently from Newtown(Summer Lane area)...

where westside ? at the beach ? we are east LA county (Claremont) I used to work in Atherstone on and off - are you here for work ? marriage ? USC partner ?

CKM8 Jul 19th 2005 7:34 pm

where westside ? at the beach ? we are east LA county (Claremont) I used to work in Atherstone on and off - are you here for work ? marriage ? USC partner ?

near Westwood. My wife is American. Do you know Polesworth. near Atherstone?

Eskimo Jul 19th 2005 7:41 pm

near Westwood. My wife is American. Do you know Polesworth. near Atherstone?

near UCLA ?

yeah I know polesworth off the M42 - how long you been here ?

CKM8 Jul 19th 2005 7:52 pm

near UCLA ?

yeah I know polesworth off the M42 - how long you been here ?

Not sure, I don't know the area that well yet. :confused: Came out here about 6 months ago. :) You know where Polesworth is, not many people here have even heard of Birmingham...let alone Polesworth. How long have you been here?

Eskimo Jul 19th 2005 8:09 pm

Not sure, I don't know the area that well yet. :confused: Came out here about 6 months ago. :) You know where Polesworth is, not many people here have even heard of Birmingham...let alone Polesworth. How long have you been here?

I used to get off the M42 at Polesworth .. we've (me wife and kids) have been here just over a year , permanent company move.. :scared:

LuTziE Jul 19th 2005 8:27 pm

too bloody manytt people from the midlands here :P

used to live in Nuneaton, now Maine.

tony126 Jul 19th 2005 8:32 pm

Lived in Nuneaton for 44 yrs.

Eskimo Jul 19th 2005 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by tony126
Lived in Nuneaton for 44 yrs.

hence the move :D

tony126 Jul 19th 2005 8:41 pm

hence the move :D

I know what you mean. I worked for an American Co, privatelly owned, offered to finish my last 12 months on this side of the water. That happened plus having been divorced for 24 yrs I ended up falling in love and married the lady just over 3 yrs ago so I am now a legal alien with my GC (obtained this yr)

Eskimo Jul 19th 2005 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by tony126
I know what you mean. I worked for an American Co, privatelly owned, offered to finish my last 12 months on this side of the water. That happened plus having been divorced for 24 yrs I ended up falling in love and married the lady just over 3 yrs ago so I am now a legal alien with my GC (obtained this yr)

all good things come to those who wait :)

tony126 Jul 19th 2005 8:49 pm

all good things come to those who wait :)

Absolutely spot on.

bored-silly Jul 19th 2005 8:52 pm

CKM8 - what ever you do, don't get in with that Eskimo bloke - you'll end up naked awaiting a liver transplant.
My friend lives near Atherstone. :)