Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello from a new expat to Houston

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
Hello you!
and hello to you too
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
and hello to you too
and hello from me.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Loving the chat girls .. makes me feel like I'll fit right in here!

Saying that, I'm off to bed now as I've had an exhausting day (starting off in the gym - first time for about 3 years!)

Catch up with you all soon

Mandana x
PS .. has anyone taken the Texas driving test? Just about to start looking at the book for it. Anything to get concerned about??
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

John Murray will become famous soon enoughJohn Murray will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mandana
:PS .. has anyone taken the Texas driving test? Just about to start looking at the book for it. Anything to get concerned about??
Welcome to the US and Houston. I'm in Spring, near The Woodlands.

The Texas driving test is scarily easy - no wonder there's so many crazy dirvers out there.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John Murray
Welcome to the US and Houston. I'm in Spring, near The Woodlands.

The Texas driving test is scarily easy - no wonder there's so many crazy dirvers out there.
Hi John

Thanks for the reply. I've not been to Woodlands, but my husband has many times on business. He likes it up there!

Thanks for the comments about the test. Glad to hear it's not too taxing! I'm a sucker for driving tests/exams - well, was (in my youth), but it's been a while now.

Have to say I love the 'right on red' rule. 'Neat' as they'd say out here!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:15 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Mandana x
PS .. has anyone taken the Texas driving test? Just about to start looking at the book for it. Anything to get concerned about??
Might be some info here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=texas+driving
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:59 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. I've not been to Woodlands, but my husband has many times on business. He likes it up there!

Thanks for the comments about the test. Glad to hear it's not too taxing! I'm a sucker for driving tests/exams - well, was (in my youth), but it's been a while now.

Have to say I love the 'right on red' rule. 'Neat' as they'd say out here!
Do you have insurance yet?

If no, get it as you can't take the test without it.
Then
Continue.

Do you have your SSN yet?
If yes --> you can take the test. Skip the rest of the post.
If no, continue.

Have you applied for your SSN?
If no --> you can take the test. Sign the waiver form that they have saying you cannot get or do not have an SSN.
If yes --> you must wait for the damned SSN.

The test is easier than getting through all of the above!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. Sought out this forum as we moved over to Houston 2 weeks ago and I'm the 'trailing spouse' as the Expert Expatriate book kindly called me!

So far I've found the shops, collected the cat from the airport, bought a car, managed to get myself to a Dr (twice) after contracting a terrible ear infection .. oh, and my favo(u)rite so far, found the drive-through Starbucks!

Everything will change again though as in 2 weeks we're moving out of our temporary accommodation into our new home, so I'll have to go through the process all over again.

Finding things very up and down - mostly doing ok, but a tad homesick right now and utterly exhausted. The move really took it out of me, and now, after a weekend in San Francisco (work related, so although lovely, not as relaxing as it would have been if just the 2 of us) I'm totally shattered.

Anyway, that's a bit about me! Just wanted to say hello!
The drive thru banks are the bit I love the most.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Sofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Adnams
The drive thru banks are the bit I love the most.
oooooooh drive thru banks....................:thumb up:
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sofi
oooooooh drive thru banks....................:thumb up:
And pharmacies too!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Does Houston still have the drive through liquor stores? Used to a good one on Richmond between the Loop and the Beltway.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Philgr
Does Houston still have the drive through liquor stores? Used to a good one on Richmond between the Loop and the Beltway.
I know places in Missouri that do
Old Jun 8th 2007, 2:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I just see drive throughs as an excuse to keep people's fat arse's in there car's

Last edited by britvic; Jun 8th 2007 at 3:12 am.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Do you have insurance yet?

If no, get it as you can't take the test without it.
Then
Continue.

Do you have your SSN yet?
If yes --> you can take the test. Skip the rest of the post.
If no, continue.

Have you applied for your SSN?
If no --> you can take the test. Sign the waiver form that they have saying you cannot get or do not have an SSN.
If yes --> you must wait for the damned SSN.

The test is easier than getting through all of the above!
Insurance - yes
SSN - not got yet, but it's applied for (husband has his)

Originally Posted by britvic
I just see drive throws as an excuse to keep people's fat arse's in there car's
Couldn't agree with you more, but drive thru Starbucks is the best!

Mandana
Old Jun 8th 2007, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't agree with you more, but drive thru Starbucks is the best!

Mandana
Watch you dont get it all down ya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.