Hello

Old Feb 7th 2016, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Jamescaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi,

My name is James and we are Moving to Cincinnati, OH, USA in March from Bournemouth in the UK. My wife is from Cincinnati so we thought we would give it a go as she never really settled in the UK. We have a son who is nearly 1 so we thought it was a good time for him too. Really looking forward to it and all the new experiences it will provide (hopefully!).

I'd also really like to be able to help and offer advice to others hoping to emigrate as its such a daunting task even when your path is relatively strait forward like ours.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 9:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Welcome (back), James.

I don't see anything in your previous thread (last summer) about a passport for your son. As your wife is a US citizen you will need a US passport for your son (assuming your wife can pass on citizenship, which if she lived most of her life in the US, she almost certainly can), because your son is a US citizen and it is legally required for US citizens to use a US passport to enter and leave the US.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Jamescaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello

Thanks for the heads up Pulaski,

We jumped on that one and got his passport within a few weeks of his Birth. He is a lucky chap and has a UK and US passport : )