Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

heavy! with poll)

View Poll Results: Are you fatter or fitter since moving to the US?
Fatter
57.14%
Fitter
7.14%
About the same
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

heavy! with poll)

Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:58 pm
ScarlettHill

Default heavy! with poll)

I meant to post a poll with this since people really can't expected to be honest otherwise!

OK, so who put on weight since moving to the US????

Do these people eat out a lot or what!!!!

Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I've definitely piled it on. It's just so much easier to get take away when it's hot and you can't face cooking
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:07 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

I'm fitter, despite the fact I eat like an absolute hog with chinese takeaway and italian food most weeks. I fit jeans that I couldn't even get my leg in when I first came here. I just make sure to keep my activity levels up by walking to the shops, etc. I go for a walk at lunch, walk the 3 blocks to and from Grand Central to work, and stand during the 30 minute subway ride home.

The food is so good and cheap, and sugar is laced into everything, that it is very easy to explode in size if you are too sedentary. A friend of mine went to work in AZ for 6 months, and came back 100lbs heavier! He was a programmer, so no surprise there
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:10 pm
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by nathan barley
I'm fitter, despite the fact I eat like an absolute hog with chinese takeaway and italian food most weeks. I fit jeans that I couldn't even get my leg in when I first came here. I just make sure to keep my activity levels up by walking to the shops, etc. I go for a walk at lunch, walk the 3 blocks to and from Grand Central to work, and stand during the 30 minute subway ride home.

The food is so good and cheap, and sugar is laced into everything, that it is very easy to explode in size if you are too sedentary. A friend of mine went to work in AZ for 6 months, and came back 100lbs heavier! He was a programmer, so no surprise there
100!!! Cor Blimey!!!!

Was really glad to hear you finally found work, Nathan, after all your perseverance. What's the job?

Regards
-=-
Scarlett