Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

North Carolina and W.Virginia

North Carolina and W.Virginia

Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:23 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default North Carolina and W.Virginia

3 things you will always hear them say...

1. Sodomy is fine here, as long as its with MY sister.
2. Squeal little piggy.
3. Anyone got a banjo?
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:24 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Got a story to tell:

My wife's Uncle was going to accomodate us when we first moved over here.
He has a farm and looks after horses on the outskirts of Greensboro.
Before this the wife's Grandfather said he would buy a trailer for us - not far from the farm in a trailer park.
We could stay there until we got on our feet and then rent it out to someone else, but this never happened and we stayed at the farm for a couple of months.

Whilst the idea of the trailer was floating around it was a running joke with my friends in Maryland and California about me being trailer trash.
(We were living in Oxford before we moved here.)

We visited Liverpool to see friends and relatives before we left and I saw this T-shirt which was perfect for me -->

I wore it in the UK and then one day I put it on when we were living on the farm.
One day the farm were having pipe problems and had to call in the local plumber.
He came and went and the money to pay for the work was left with me.

The plumbers mate knocked to get the payment and this guy was standing there wearing a bib and brace (don't know what they are called here), a baseball cap sitting oddly on his head and about three teeth in his mouth.

For what seemed like an eternaty we stood and looked at each other before I shoved the money into his hand and shut the door quicklike.

I've never worn this t-shirt since.... too scared now.
:scared:
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:47 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Was the plumbers mate called 'Patrick'...?
Old Oct 11th 2003, 1:02 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Carolina and W.Virginia

Originally posted by Yosser

2. Squeal little piggy.
3. Anyone got a banjo?
Surely you mean Kentucky - that's generally recognized as the poorest and remotest part of the southern Appalachians, and Deliverance was based on a true story set in Georgia, so maybe that should on your list too?
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Haldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to all
Default Re: North Carolina and W.Virginia

Originally posted by Yosser

When Bill Clinton was in office I was always told that this saying was about residents of Arkansas!