Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Heater on last week, Air conditioning on this week

Heater on last week, Air conditioning on this week

Old Mar 10th 2004, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Heater on last week, Air conditioning on this week

Last week we were around 50 something degrees with storms and this week we are hitting the low 90s. Talk about a shift in the weather!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Heater on last week, Air conditioning on this week

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Last week we were around 50 something degrees with storms and this week we are hitting the low 90s. Talk about a shift in the weather!
I know, loverly aint it. I love this time of year, my garden is going nuts, all that rain last week worked wonders. Bit of a shock though, usually we ease into the hot weather, this year though it changed overnite. It is this time of year that I remember why I like this place.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 4:40 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Crikey! I just got back from Blighty where it had just started to snow, and then I arrive back to this! I felt a right plonker coming off the plane last night wearing a long-sleeve top, a fleece, and a North Face jacket, jeans and boots! I nearly died from heat exposure! lol. Thank god for air conditioning. My apartment was like an oven when I got back. Unpacking the shorts today. Loving it!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 5:26 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

DFW has had a great week after last weeks day of high winds and the occasional touchdown.

It starts off nice and fresh, then warms up to late 60's with daytime high of 72 or so, bloody luvley weather.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 5:37 pm
Carrot Cruncher

pilgrim22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here in San Antonio, lovely weather this week. Should make for nice cheap 'lectric bills, A/C hardly running, no heater.... more beer money! Woo-hoo!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 5:56 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pilgrim22
Same here in San Antonio, lovely weather this week. Should make for nice cheap 'lectric bills, A/C hardly running, no heater.... more beer money! Woo-hoo!
I switched electric companys to Reliant Electric from TXU, best thing I ever done, last months bill was $68.00, just like you said, more beer tokens this week!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heater on last week, Air conditioning on this week

It's been blowing hot and cold all winter here in FL- yo-yo temps. After sweltering last weekend we were back down to the high 40's last night. It's also been the coldest winter I can remember since arriving here. Crazy weather.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

mmm time to stay out of the direct sunlight.

Our temp gauge this afternoon:scared: Actual temp was about 90.
Attached Thumbnails Heater on last week, Air conditioning on this week-temp.jpg  
Old Mar 14th 2004, 11:07 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

mmm time to stay out of the direct sunlight.

Our temp gauge this afternoon:scared: Actual temp was about 90.
Holy crap! I must have slept through that. It was only 86 degrees where I was in Central Phoenix. Time to put the AC on!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

I spent most of the morning out on the patio reading the paper and making a few calls back to the U.K. All that time it was hovering around the 85 to 90 mark. Then I walked past late afternoon and just glanced at it, and I guess the mid afternoon heat coming down and bouncing off the house and the concrete floor, really pushed that temp up.

Last year my wifes company was building a house in Echo Canyon, which is on the Paradise Valley side of Camelback mountain. The house was tucked back right near the face of the mountain and they were hitting 155 during the day with the heat bouncing off it.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:19 am
Carrot Cruncher

pilgrim22 is an unknown quantity at this point

But "it's a different kind of heat".... right?

I know I know, hot is hot, whether is 0% humidity or 80%. I'm just thankful that I'm not in PHX (my wife hated it there when she lived there several years ago, b4 she met me), although Texas can be pretty unbearable in high summer.